Options

Need Help

tristanphantristanphan Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed my A+ they asked me to wait for 5 business days before they send me the Certification&CompTIA Logo through email. Today I got it, and followed the steps, i downloaded the Certification and planned to go print it out tomorrow. My question is, I accidentally signed up for the CE, now it's showing that I need to pay 25$bucks (Continue Education Units) Annual CE Maintenance Fee Due: $25.003 Year CE Maintenance Fee Remaining Balance: $75.00

[TH][/TH]
[TH]Name[/TH]
[TH]Price[/TH]

CE Annual Fee (A+)
$25.00

And when I clicked on History, it showed this.

Continuing Education Code of Ethics Agreement

[TH="class: sortable-text fd-column-0 forwardSort"]name[/TH]
[TH="class: sortable-text fd-column-1"]date[/TH]
[TH="class: sortable-text fd-column-2"]expires[/TH]

CompTIA CE Program Policy Agreement
2014-Feb-01
2015-Feb-01

Why it already gave an expiration day and it's in 2015? I thought it should be 2017 because i passed on 2014.

But in the Certification it says "This Certification is valid through 2017" ect..

So my question is, what should i do? Should i pay that 25$? Or just print out my Certification and use it like nothing happened?
Goal 2014 (April Net+, June Sec+, July Mob+)

Comments

• Options
    SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    The $25 fee is payable yearly ($75 total), you can pay the first payment now, or later. The agreement must also be signed yearly as well. It seems like even though its a 3 year period, its really just a one year period.... icon_rolleyes.gif

So the way it works is this, pay your fees and sign the agreement yearly and you have 3 years to get CEU's.
  • Options
    Is that how everyone does the same? You have to pay 25$ to get certified? That's strange.

But i just passed A+, i thought i have 3 years before i need to pay. I'm confused.
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    What is the $25 for? To receive a physical cert or to keep a certified status? Don't you just pay the exam price and that is it?
  • Options
    CompTIA Continuing Education Program

you are confused, technically you do not have to pay the first year's CE dues to get certified, or to receive a certificate.

In order to stay certified, you must pay $25 every year, and get CE qualified events/certs.
  • Options
    But i just got the Certification last week which means it's expired in 2017 correct? It's just bugging me, i know i can leave that 25$ fees alone because my Certification shows it's valid through 2017.
  • Options
    It does expire in 2017, however, I know you are required to pay the $25 fee every year, I do not know what happens if you do not.
  • Options
    wikigetwikiget Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    It does expire in 2017, however, I know you are required to pay the $25 fee every year, I do not know what happens if you do not.

They charge you $50 next year (one for this year and one for the next).

You are certified until 2017. Go ahead and print out your cert. The only thing you cannot do is report CEUs until you pay the money to COMPTIA and agree to their terms.
    "Once upon a time, disks were floppy, administrators were electricians and computers were louder then jets. Then it all got complicated." -Anon

Life of a Network Security Manager: http://imgur.com/kKvmgjj
  • Options
    That means you have to pay in order to get yourself certified? Because I still have 3 more years before my cert expires.
  • Options
    prampram Member Posts: 171
    The CE fees are just to renew your certs without having to take the test again. You don't need to pay them if you intend on just taking the A+ again or Net+/Security+ in 3 years or whatever.
  • Options
    prampram Member Posts: 171
    It's explained here:

CompTIA Continuing Education Program
    [h=3]Renewing Multiple Certifications[/h]Some higher-level CompTIA certifications will automatically renew lower-level certifications (shown in their respective order, highest-level to lowest-level, below.) CompTIA Mobility+ and CompTIA Cloud+ do not automatically renew other certifications.
    • CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
    • CompTIA Storage+
    • CompTIA Security+
    • CompTIA Network+
    • CompTIA A+
    If you plan on taking a higher-level CompTIA certification to fulfill your renewal requirements, no CE maintenance fees are required.