CCNA Training Camp

tushstertushster Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone. I have tried self-study (with a lot of tips people have posted on other threads) but there are numerous topics I can't seem to grasp therefore I'm considering taking a training camp course.

I just want to know if there's anyone here who has taken one. If so, do you recommend it? Which one? What are the pros and cons?

Comments

• ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Have you tried videos? Video boot camps with actual hardware pulled me out of a similar situation. You should watch videos that demonstrate labs, do the labs in gns3 / packet tracer / physical lab, and if you're doing that enough it should eventually sink in.

What's not sticking? Is it commands on the CLI, theory, or just can't remember the topics you study?
  • dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    I would suggest using another book source. some authors make the topics and concepts easier to understand than others. I would in no way shape or form suggest or encourage you to spend 2k+ for CCNA training. You can spend 80 bucks on amazon for two books 1. CCENT. AND 1. CCNA (which ever one you choose). You can pass CCENT in 3 weeks (with reading heavily/Packet Tracer), don't ask me how I know.
    Packet Tracer + a good book = CCNA Certified.
  • DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would pass on the boot camp, There for people who have experience but need a push to get certified. Ohlone has a pretty good course and I think you will like the instructors. Or like ande0255 said get the videos thats a boot camp you can replay if you did get it the first time.

Which book are you using?
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What did you use for your CompTia study? I think if you could l pull off the trio then you should definitely be able to do CCENT/CCNA.

I don't have experience with the boot camps but I don't think that would be the best choice. youtube is full of videos so you might look for someone you like. Chris Bryant on udemy is usually $30-50 so that's pretty good bargain. I have not paid for the CBT Nuggets yet but they seem to keep it more interesting from the clips I have seen.

My last question is what is your time frame? Since I am currently employed I have taken a long term approach and started with the Cisco Academy. It's not perfect but it does present the information in a way that is easy to follow along. The 4 courses are costing me as much as a boot camp but it is spread out over two semesters.

Also keep posting here. Learning with others is great motivation!

Good Luck.