2000th, thanks!

Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
Hey guys,

2000th post here and although I am not the most active user here I just wanted to say thank you and share a bit of what this site has done for me.

When I first arrived here I was working for Sears selling appliances, but I started in and earned A+ and Net+ and starting working for Geek Squad. Got a job working at bank and kept going. I’ve got about 20 exams done and right now I am manager at a large company, working daily with million dollar installations with 5 people under me. I often consult internally and externally on automation and infrastructure.

This site has been great get questions answered and find starting points on new fields.

Thanks everyone,
-Daniel
-Daniel

Comments

• olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pretty inspirational
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It's great to see what kind of progress people can make. Congratulations, and thanks for contributing!
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think this is a great example for people who ask abut how to keep motivated, keeping up with lots of "little" steps and its not long before they add up to much bigger things. Sounds like a great job and Things have been moving nicely for you over the years.

I think when I started here I was on the help-desk ferrying printers and desktops around site. and like you have got a lot of help form this site, both in answering my questions and just hearing other people like you talk about there experiences and what can be achieved if you are prepared to put the effort in.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah, I guess this place can be cool sometimes :)
  • bull313bull313 Member Posts: 138
    Thanks Daniel. I'm currently in retail, but at least the job is encouraging me to further my education and certifications. I look forward to transitioning back into IT after an extended absent. Seeing your story shows that I can do it as well.
    "Follow your dreams. You CAN reach your goals. I'm living proof. Beefcake! BeefCAAAAAAAKKKKE!!!"-Eric Cartman
  • inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thanks Danniel333 great post, this is a great place; I have noticed many here achieve positive direction, young, and old, myself included.