Options

MCTS certificate: anyone still going after these certs?

I work full time as a software tester & I am very interested in getting a SQL Server certificate. Initially, I was looking for a new certificate and a TechExams member suggested the MCSA: SQL Server 2012 route. After reading reviews, the objective doesn't appear to be a good fit for me.

I did some more research and I feel MCTS certification would be a great option for me. I look forward to obtain 1 or 2 certificates.

MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance
MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance

I don't mind if it is out of date because SQL Server 2008 and 2012 (I don't think there are major differences as long as I know the logic/concepts). What do you think? I have no intention of becoming a database guru but I would like to take 1 or 2 exams to get certified immediately just to show my employer that I have some basic/intermediate knowledge. I wish there was MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance. My colleagues don't want to train me & the work culture is 'self-learning' which is really bad.