Options

CISA Certification Application/Timeline for December 2013 Exam

2»

Comments

• Options
    !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Now it says : CISA: Certified through 31 December 2014. Got email literally 5 minutes ago!

The CPE page shows 2015 2016 2017, so can some one tell why it says certified till 2104?

Glad it is done. Thanks to the forum and all participants for their assistance.
  • Options
    hisulleyhisulley Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I submitted my CISA application on Jan 20, 2014. Then, the application status changed to "Unreviewed"

On Feb 20, the application status changed to "Complete-Under Review"
    On Feb 21, the application status changed to "Approved"
    On Feb 25, the application status changed to "Certified"
  • Options
    govauditgovaudit Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    !nf0s3cure wrote: »
    Now it says : CISA: Certified through 31 December 2014. Got email literally 5 minutes ago!

The CPE page shows 2015 2016 2017, so can some one tell why it says certified till 2104?

Glad it is done. Thanks to the forum and all participants for their assistance.

Congrats! Mine changed to certified today too.

The year of initial certification does not count toward your reporting period (though CPE earned during this period will count towards the first 3 year reporting period). However, it looks like you still must pay a yearly maintenance fee, hence the certified through 2014. So in our case, 2014 is our initial year of certification so our reporting period starts in 2015 and goes through 2017. But in order to maintain certification, you need to pay the yearly maintenance fee. Starting in 2015, and thereafter, you'll have to report your CPE yearly in addition to paying the yearly maintenance fee. Hopefully that made sense? For better clarification, see below taken from the ISACA website from here: Maintain Your CISA - Continuing Professional Education | ISACA

"Certification Requirements

The CISA CPE policy requires the attainment of CPE hours over an annual and three-year certification period. CISAs must comply with the following requirements to retain certification:
    • Attain and report an annual minimum of twenty (20) CPE hours. These hours must be appropriate to the currency or advancement of the CISA’s knowledge or ability to perform CISA-related tasks. The use of these hours towards meeting the CPE requirements for multiple ISACA certifications is permissible when the professional activity is applicable to satisfying the job-related knowledge of each certification.
    • Submit annual CPE maintenance fees to ISACA international headquarters in full.
    • Attain and report a minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) CPE hours for a three-year reporting period.
    • Respond and submit required documentation of CPE activities if selected for the annual audit.
    • Comply with ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics.
    • Abide by ISACA's IT auditing standards.
    Failure to comply with these certification requirements will result in the revocation of an individual’s CISA designation. In addition, as all certificates are owned by ISACA, if revoked, the certificate must be destroyed immediately.
    Annual and Three-Year Certification Period

The annual reporting period begins on 1 January of each year. The three-year certification period varies and is indicated on each annual invoice and on the letter confirming annual compliance.
    For newly certified CISAs, the annual and three-year certification period begins on 1 January of the year succeeding certification. Reporting CPE hours attained during the year of certification is not required. However, hours attained between the date of certification and 31 December of that year can be used and reported as hours earned in the initial reporting period.
    Payment of CISA Maintenance Fee and Reporting of CPE Hours

To renew the CISA certification requires payment of the maintenance fee and reporting of CPE hours. Invoice notification is sent both via email and hard copy invoice in the third quarter of each calendar year by ISACA to all CISAs.
    Payment of the annual maintenance fee can be done online atwww.isaca.org/renew. CPE can be recorded as they are earned in the >MyISACA > MyCertification > Manage My CPE page of the web site. Certifieds can also renew by submitting the information on the annual renewal invoice. Payment and reporting of CPE hours is due by 15 January to retain certification."
  • Options
    SamooSamoo Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Since Feb 25, the application status changed to "Complete-Under Review" , I am worry as most of applications get the approval after one day only from the changing date...
  • Options
    govaudit wrote: »
    Congrats! Mine changed to certified today too.

The year of initial certification does ........................twww.isaca.org/renew. CPE can be recorded as they are earned in the >MyISACA > MyCertification > Manage My CPE page of the web site. Certifieds can also renew by submitting the information on the annual renewal invoice. Payment and reporting of CPE hours is due by 15 January to retain certification."

Thanks for the detailed information. I should have looked more carefully. But good to know that all the training/seminars/conferences will not go wasted.

Now time to get back to CISSP the original goal! But I hope to get CISM alongside while preparing for CISSP....so never a dull moment...start over again.
  • Options
    RaystafarianRaystafarian Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I need to vent my frustration on the fact that I received confirmation of receipt on 1/20, went under review on 2/19 and I'm still under review on 2/27.
    Hit me up on LinkedIn - just mention you're from techexams.
  • Options
    I was in the same situation watching the status everyday remain unchanged. Hang in there it's coming...
  • Options
    CISA Approved on Mar 3 2014 - thanks for everyone and good luck in your career path.
  • Options
    Ugh. Approved 3/6.
  • Options
    j33perj33per Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CISA approved 3/10/2014!
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was approved today as well. What a long wait!
  • Options
    ISACA has taken its good time for approvals, anyways all good and congratulations.
  • Options
    packetlogpacketlog Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Feb 17: Sent in Application
    Mar 16: Application Status: Approved

What is surprising is that it's Sunday today when my status changed to Approved. Up to yesterday it was still under review!! So ISACA is working hard icon_smile.gif That's good news to people who are still waiting.

But any idea why they cannot communicate this by email to us?
    It would be trivial to add this to their workflow.
  • Options
    Does anyone receive the printed CISA certificate ?
  • Options
    I got mine last week.
  • Options
    neb2886neb2886 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Is anyone else still waiting for final word on the certification? My application status changed to "approved" on 3/18/14 but the site still says 'not certified'. It has been nearly 10 weeks since I sent in my application materials, now 14 weeks since I sat for an passed the exam. Is anyone else in the same boat? My employer requires this certification for me to move into a new role. Very frustrating.
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    neb2886 wrote: »
    Is anyone else still waiting for final word on the certification? My application status changed to "approved" on 3/18/14 but the site still says 'not certified'. It has been nearly 10 weeks since I sent in my application materials, now 14 weeks since I sat for an passed the exam. Is anyone else in the same boat? My employer requires this certification for me to move into a new role. Very frustrating.

Send them an email or give them a call. They're usually pretty good at responding quickly.
  • Options
    neb2886neb2886 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks. I called and then received the certification email a few hours later. Must have gotten lost in the shuffle. Congrats to everyone who passed.
  • Options
    hermit84hermit84 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Finally got certified.

CISA application on Feb 4, 2014. Then, the application status changed to "Unreviewed"

On Mar 11, the application status changed to "Complete-Under Review"
    On Mar 14, the application status changed to "Approved"
    On Mar 17, the application status changed to "Certified"

CRISC application on Feb 7, 2014. Then, the application status changed to "Unreviewed"

On Mar 5, the application status changed to "Incomplete"
    On Mar 10, Additional Information submitted
    On Mar 18, Audit request received
    On Mar 31, the application status changed to "Certified"
  • Options
    hermit84hermit84 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    After long time on the application, sadly when I received my paper cert, the printed name is not my name.
    hermit84 wrote: »
    Finally got certified.

CISA application on Feb 4, 2014. Then, the application status changed to "Unreviewed"

On Mar 11, the application status changed to "Complete-Under Review"
    On Mar 14, the application status changed to "Approved"
    On Mar 17, the application status changed to "Certified"

CRISC application on Feb 7, 2014. Then, the application status changed to "Unreviewed"

On Mar 5, the application status changed to "Incomplete"
    On Mar 10, Additional Information submitted
    On Mar 18, Audit request received
    On Mar 31, the application status changed to "Certified"