Options

Requirement to become CEH

maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
Can anyone tell me the requirement to become CEH, if anyone can prepare exam without attending any class, course material to be used and how to become EC-Council member.

Comments

• Options
    Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    Option 1: You need to have 2 years of infosec experience to become certified. They will verify this with your employer.

Option 2: The other option is to take their official training - that way you can get the CEH without having the experience.
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • Options
    AllenITAllenIT Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have two years of experience you can pay that money for verification eligibility or you can do a training.
  • Options
    HatahHatah Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am running into that issue myself. I don't have the required 2 years and there are no Official EC-Council classes around. Tons of unofficial ones. So I am kinda stuck in a loop.
    2014 GOALS: CCENT [], CCNA [], CCNA-S [] , CISSP []
  • Options
    Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Check out the iClass/iLearn package that is offered by EC-Council.
  • Options
    dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    maharaliel wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the requirement to become CEH, if anyone can prepare exam without attending any class, course material to be used and how to become EC-Council member.

If you REALLY wanted to know the requirements, YOU would of put the 2minutes and 45 seconds to find out by going to the site. That is if you REALLY wanted it. Ok, Yes, to piggy-back in lieu of the experience, you can do the iLearn and be eligible, the iLearn also includes a voucher. pluss.. dont quote me, the iLearn is about 1500. and the voucher is about 500. so the training equates to about 1K. to substitute for the 2 years experience I think it is worth it. The only way to take it without taking the iLearn or live online training…is to have experience, no if ands or butttts about it
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Thank you all for the information you have posted here.
  • Options
    Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    it's part of WGU's master's program
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • Options
    abyss5150abyss5150 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm taking the course via WGU's Masters Program right now. They offer online video learning environment and access to labs. I'm not a fan of multiple choice exams that have labs for the study environment. You'd think that this exam would require simulations (like Cisco & Microsoft exams). I'm about 90% through with the videos and have yet to mess with any of the labs. I'm hoping I can get away without doing most of the labs (if any).
  • Options
    YababaYababa Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's kind of like a trap. They want 2 years of information security experience, but for some it may be hard getting a job with a Security+ which makes this a hassel. It's like a railroad into taking the official training. I wonder who is lobbying from their organization.
  • Options
    Blade3DBlade3D Member Posts: 110 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yababa wrote: »
    It's kind of like a trap. They want 2 years of information security experience, but for some it may be hard getting a job with a Security+ which makes this a hassel. It's like a railroad into taking the official training. I wonder who is lobbying from their organization.

Just finished reading the CEH Walker book, and this definitely seems like something that shouldn't require 2 years of experience.
    Title: Sr. Systems Designer
    Degree: B.S. in Computing Science, emphasis Information Assurance
    Certifications: CISSP, PSP, Network+, Security+, CySA+, OSWP
  • Options
    ITrascalITrascal Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    exactly what i was thinking. I was in the bookstore thumbing through that book and the new cehv8 by mike gregg to me it's more of a like "network+ to ccna" comparison where as the net+ shows you what the meaning of something is vs actually doing some hands on.
  • Options
    ITrascalITrascal Member Posts: 55 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well Blade3D do you feel from the book the book you can ethically do something lol?