Full Steam Ahead, TSHOOT Scheduled for Feb. 26

johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
Ive got the Study Train rollin' time to knock this sucker out!icon_study.gif
CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014

Comments

• FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Goodluck! It's a fun exam :)
  • TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    You only plan on studying for a few weeks?
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    If you know how to read traceroutes and then troubleshoot connectivity between devices covering the technologies covered in Switch and Route then you've got it!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • borumasborumas Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you, the best advice I got on the that exam was to memorize the topology- I took it twice as the first time I didn't memorize it and wasted too much time going back and forth looking at diagrams and failed by a small margin. I then studied the topology for 2 weeks until I could draw it out blindfolded, including the IP's- knocked that thing out of the part in under 45 minutes the next time I took it. Gotta say, it was in my opinion the most fun test to study and prep for- felt similar to doing my normal job duties in a way.
  • johnwest43johnwest43 Member Posts: 294
    borumas wrote: »
    the best advice I got on the exam was to memorize the topology

My thoughts exactly! I have built out the entire topology with physical hardware for practice. A few interesting errors on the topology from Cisco:

On the L3 topo DSW2 is connected to R4 via fa1/0/1 but on the L2/L3 topo it is connected via fa1/0/14
    On the L3 topo R3 and R4 are shown as .9 and .10 respectively. On the IPv6 topo they are shown as .1 and .2 (pretty sure that 10.1.1.1 is not in the network 10.1.1.8/30 :D )

I find it weird that they have not corrected this yet, the topo has been out now for a few years!
    CCNP: ROUTE B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B , SWITCH B][COLOR=#ff0000]x[/COLOR][/B, TSHOOT [X ] Completed on 2/18/2014
    I couldn't stand it anymore, I rescheduled the exam for next Tuesday the 18th. Thanks for all the support!
    PASSED!! icon_cheers.gif with 45 minutes to spare! Miller time drunken_smilie.gif
  • shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! What kind of position do you work in? This wraps up the CCNP entirely for you right?
    I am a network admin for a small-medium sized business. We are 100% Cisco. I am also charged with server maintenance, backups, printing, etc. Yes, CCNP is 100% complete!
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Very awesome! Congrats!

What's next?
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
    I am thinking some rest is order for the next few weeks, but after that I think I am going to go after the RHCSA. I love Linux but do not have much expiernece with SELinux other than how to shut it off :D
  • TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    Congrats! It's good to finally be done with that beast.