Took Healthcare IT exam today

techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed! :D

I took it because:

1) There are a number of healthcare clinics and hospitals in my area and having the cert added to my resume doesn't hurt.
2) a lot of the information in the exam is a hodgepodge of content I already know IE. A+, Net+, Sec+.
"Never give up" ~ Winston Churchill

Comments

• Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How was it? I am setting up to take it next week. What areas should I concentrate on?
  • techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you already have net+ and sec+ knowledge, the IT operations and security domains will come easy to you. I would focus on the regulatory/organizational behavior/medical business operations domains. Probably heavier on the Medical Business Operations domain then anything else. Know how to setup a workstation pc in a EHR/EMR environment. Know how to troubleshoot HL7 issues. I think that's pretty much it, without giving too much away. Good luck!
  • techwizardtechwizard Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Btw, I used cbt nuggets healthcare it series and the book by Joy Dark for my training.
  • Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ok kool. Thanks, it is greatly appreciated.
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have to agree with techwizard on all points. I also used the book he references, although I did not use CBT Nuggets, and found it a good prep.

Congrats techwizard. I also think this is a decent supplemental certification if you're looking for something in healthcare since it really doesn't cost much for the prep or the exam. I even learned a couple things to boot.
  • donhustledonhustle Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I scored a 650 ,the lowest score to pass LOL.