CCNP Route Scheduled

TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
I finally scheduled my CCNP Route Exam for this upcoming Saturday at 10am. I scheduled it a bit later in the morning so I could get some last minute review in. We'll see if it is of any help. If I pass this exam, then all I will need is TShoot. Do you all recommend I study hard for TShoot or just schedule and take it another week or so? Some people have said that they just take it immediately afterwards since the test has no new material? Suggestions?

On a related note, I'm curious to know how many of you all have your company reimburse you for the cost of the exams? I approached my boss about it and she said that they would not be able to reimburse me, and then she goes on to say that many organizations do NOT cover the costs. I was completely floored when she said that they don't, because my previous employer covered my CCNA.

Comments

• tink334tink334 Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck Man. Sorry they will not pay you for this. My company pays for everything study guides and test it saves them $$ because most of the time they send everyone to training for $4000.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck to ya I am taking my exam the same day! I hope for a pass for the both of us!

I feel your pain too about having to shell out your own money for certs. I work for a multi-billion dollar corp. and they can't pay for cert tests for lowly me icon_sad.gif
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • TBickleTBickle Member Posts: 110
    Wow! Same Day huh? I've been following your Study Journal for some time now, so I'm happy to hear you'll be taking it the same day as I am. Good luck! I'm sure you will pass.

I'm surprised your company doesn't cover it especially since it's a multi-billion dollar company. Every company except the one I currently work for has covered them, but I'm not really that surprised the current company I work for doesn't cover it since it is in the public sector.

Good luck. Keep us posted after your exam.
  • tayro12tayro12 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck to the both of you :)

Exam costs for my CCNA was covered by the company with corresponding justification that the knowledge/skill gained is crucial to the role I perform.
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TBickle wrote: »
    Wow! Same Day huh? I've been following your Study Journal for some time now, so I'm happy to hear you'll be taking it the same day as I am. Good luck! I'm sure you will pass.

I'm surprised your company doesn't cover it especially since it's a multi-billion dollar company. Every company except the one I currently work for has covered them, but I'm not really that surprised the current company I work for doesn't cover it since it is in the public sector.

Good luck. Keep us posted after your exam.

They used to cover them, things have changes recently. They used to hire outside training resources to prep us for exams too. Nothing anymore icon_sad.gif
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck guys
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Good luck!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi