Options

CISA: June, 2014

SkyBlueSkyBlue Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just registered today for CISA: June, 2014 examicon_exclaim.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_study.gif

How many of this forum members are going to attend this one in June, 2014?

I am starting with CISA Review Manual 2013!

Regards

Comments

• Options
    topper24501topper24501 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just registered for the June 2014 CISA

Starting with CISA Study guide by David Cannon.

I think the CRM 2014 is out. So I will use that one.

Watch CBTs

Then purchase the Question database from ISACA
    Network+ CE
    Security+ CE
    MCITP: SA
    OCP - Solaris 10
    CISSP
  • Options
    inet_itinet_it Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hear some person buy "pass 4 sure",and pass the Cisa.
    Do you think we buy it :D
    If you bought it, please tell me the experience ^^
  • Options
    Experienced_and_TestedExperienced_and_Tested Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Pass 4 Sure is a brain ****. Unethical - do not buy !!!
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    I wish success to all of you.
  • Options
    inet_itinet_it Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know that, but when we can not try and pay money. We must use it icon_silent.gif
  • Options
    topper24501topper24501 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    inet_it wrote: »

Sure... my experience for all of my test involves the following:

CISA books, CRM, paper/pencils for notes, videos, and good ole fashion reading and studying.
    Network+ CE
    Security+ CE
    MCITP: SA
    OCP - Solaris 10
    CISSP
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    I know that, but when we can not try and pay money. We must use it icon_silent.gif

Honestly, I shouldn't have to state this, but if you resort to cheating to pass the test, you don't deserve the certification and you probably shouldn't be in the audit profession. Does this sound harsh? I certainly hope so.

Please reconsider your plans. I, and everyone else here, want you to succeed.
  • Options
    cisacacisaca Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Me also, in. Preparing for Jun 14.
  • Options
    wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello All,

I took the CISM last summer and passed top 10%. It was pretty awful. I used the RM, the Q-DB and went on a two day weekend cram course with Krag Brothby (good trainer).

Based on the last success, I think the same approach is appropriate for the CISA;
    CRM
    Q-DB (the electronic version, not the book)
    Another weekend crash course

Unless someone has a strong reason for using another resource I think I'll stick with my plan; appreciate your feedback.

As for the ********* question;
    There are FAR TOO MANY ********* people out there, securing jobs without having the neccesary experience of skills, driving down market rates, taking on jobs that they are not qualified for which in turn creates more work for the genuinely skilled people..... poor show.
  • Options
    mikeb617mikeb617 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Guys,

I understand that everyone has different study habits and experience. However, generally speaking, how much study and preparation do you believe is necessary for a student with an IS major and internship experience? I am trying to decide whether I should register for June or September. Thanks!
  • Options
    az.youssefaz.youssef Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi
    what are differnces bitween crm 2014 and 2013? is 2013 is enouagh to prepare cisa jun 2014. please your help
  • Options
    wizkieswizkies Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    question buddy..

How much does it costs to take the exam?
  • Options
    feniks369feniks369 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□

Can anyone please explain why "Pass 4 Sure" is a brain **** and unethical, I was going to buy it???
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would assume it is because the questions are supposedly copies of expected questions from the exam. This is much different than a practice test or something of that nature, hence why it is unethical and considered a ****/cheating. You won't gain knowledge from this approach compared to actually needing to know the material and answer the questions yourself. Not to mention it is flat out wrong.
  • Options
    andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    feniks369 wrote: »
    Can anyone please explain why "Pass 4 Sure" is a brain **** and unethical, I was going to buy it???

From the Pass 4 Sure website: "[...]GUARANTEES Success! Money Back Guarantee! With Latest Exam Questions as Experienced on the Actual Test!"

If you have the test material going into a test, it isn't a fair or accurate evaluation of your skills. It also is a violation of ISACA's Code of Professional Ethics.

"Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information obtained in the course of their activities unless disclosure is required by legal authority. Such information shall not be used for personal benefit or released to inappropriate parties." (See Code of Professional Ethics)
  • Options
    feniks369feniks369 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    andhow wrote: »
    From the Pass 4 Sure website: "[...]GUARANTEES Success! Money Back Guarantee! With Latest Exam Questions as Experienced on the Actual Test!"

If you have the test material going into a test, it isn't a fair or accurate evaluation of your skills. It also is a violation of ISACA's Code of Professional Ethics.

"Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information obtained in the course of their activities unless disclosure is required by legal authority. Such information shall not be used for personal benefit or released to inappropriate parties." (See Code of Professional Ethics)

Thank you guys, I thought that nobody can have exam questions from the real exam, and that they provide the guarantee to sell their courses. So let's concentrate on CRM and q&a cd from Isaca. icon_study.gif
  • Options
    keikeijaikeikeijai Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    One more week to go, happy revision to those who will be sitting in the exam on June 14.:)
  • Options
    jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think I over studied for the CRISC test coming up on the 14th...I barely fail the practice test I have. I'm scoring 95% on them...good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Good luck to the guys above me. I feel the same way about the CISM exam, I am burnt out from studying the ISACA Practice CD-ROM. Ready to get the test over with. I am feeling pretty confident so I hope I do well.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Good luck guys! Be sure to come back and leave feedback on how well you felt the official materials prepared you. I'll be following for September.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    cisspercissper Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck all. Waiting to hear your exam experience feedback.
  • Options
    acidstormacidstorm Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Took the cisa exam half an hour ago, find it difficult.
  • Options
    keikeijaikeikeijai Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am benchmarking the one I took in Dec'13, and I found this one today was much more difficult. There were many familiar questions but didn't appear to have known answers to choose from.

I hope I can scrape a pass and the long wait begins from now. All the best to those who are taking it now or about to take it! :D
  • Options
    sourabhitsecuritysourabhitsecurity Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

I am preparing for CISA Sep14 exam, Any inputs/Suggestions for me you want to share with me? What approch/Study Material i should prefer..

Will be thankful for your advise & suggestions..

Thanks,
    Sourabh
  • Options
    sourabhitsecurity,

The most recommended study materials for the CISM, CISA etc is the ISACA study materials from their website. Most who have passed recommend using their official Review Manuals and Practice Questions available both on CD-ROM and in paperback format.
  • Options
    sourabhitsecuritysourabhitsecurity Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for info, Zxbane.

Regards
    Sourabh
  • Options
    EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□

If you already know someone that used it and passed... that is all the validation you need. I do not believe anyone on this forum will openly admit to using Pass-4-sure. If my experience of similar certifications serves me right... You will fail woefully, if you aim to pass the exam using ****. There is a reason the exam is done at specific periods of the year and under strict conditions. **** don't work for serious exams like CISA, CISM, CISSP. PMP etc...

Someone should please correct me if I am wrong... perhaps you saw a few questions from the exam in a test bank somewhere... but I believe the ISACA question bank changes every time and is a closely guarded secret.