Options

Question about CCNA certification please help?

eddyfalmaguereddyfalmaguer Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am A+ certified, and I will like to know if it better to go for CCNA certification instead of Net+. Can I go for CCNA certification and bypass the Net+ or I need to go first for Net+ and them later for CCNA?

Comments

• Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You need to provide a little more information about what you would like to do.

In general it seems people focus on Cisco suggest skipping Net+. I don't have an opinion as I have not decided if I will get Net+ or not. I am starting with CCENT/CCNA first and will only decide later as I explore the job market.

Good Luck
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Unless you have some specific need for the N+ I'd skip it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    I was thinking to go for CCNA certification instead of going for Net+, because is more advance certification. My question is that by passing CCNA certification will it add more opportunity for me to has a job offer in IT? I have been A+ certified for 7 months now, and I did not got a job offer yet in IT, I had applied for many places, and had many job interviews, but not job offers.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well, no certification is going to just make people offer you jobs. If you are getting interviews now but no one is offering you a job I'd say your issue is more with your interview skills and how you are selling yourself and less to do with you having another entry level certification.

That being said, the CCNA is a more marketable certification than the N+.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Thank you networker for your help.