Book to pass CISSP question

palidor53palidor53 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone: I'm planning on taking the CISSP exam and was wondering one thing. I'm currently using the Official (ISC)2 guide to the CISSP CBK Third edition to study for the CISSP exam. Will this be enough or will I fail by using only this book? I am also noticing after reading the book twice and trying the practice questions on freepracticetests.org there are questions I cannot answer at all because the book just doesn't have an answer for it. Will the exam ask questions outside of the CBK third edition book? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, p

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome aboard. Absolutely no one can answer if you will fail or not. We have people here who do InfoSec on a daily basis, have read several books, been to training, and yet failed the test. Others have read one book and have passed. There's no magic formula. Knowing what your background is may give us some insight.

Another thing, remember that the Common Body of Knowledge is composed of ten domains that are very wide and cover a myriad of things that can't be circumscribed to just one book. More so, the test will make you think critically and apply knowledge, rather that asking what the definition of something is. The book doesn't teach you this. You clearly noticed this with he statement about the book not helping much for some questions. I read the AIO, both Conrad books, the OIG, got training from Clement Dupuis, the Dr. Eric Cole MP3s, multiple websites, multiple guides, yet some questions I saw on the test left me with no idea what they were asking, let alone the answers.

My recommendation is to search here for "passed CISSP" threads and see what others used. Some of us have posted detailed notes about our study plans.
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    palidor53 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone: I'm planning on taking the CISSP exam and was wondering one thing. I'm currently using the Official (ISC)2 guide to the CISSP CBK Third edition to study for the CISSP exam. Will this be enough or will I fail by using only this book? I am also noticing after reading the book twice and trying the practice questions on freepracticetests.org there are questions I cannot answer at all because the book just doesn't have an answer for it. Will the exam ask questions outside of the CBK third edition book? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, p

It seems standard to use two books to study from when preparing for a certification.

In this case, the two that I'm using are Eric Conrad's CISSP Study Guide and Sybex's CISSP Study Guide. I would recommend both of these in that they are packed with alot of useful information and to me, are easy to read.
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    There are lot of good books, it just depends on which format or style of book suits you. Which ever you can read and understand easily is the way to go. I like the Sybex book's style of presentation, so it is all personal choice. All books give the same/similar information, it is just a matter of what you can absorb best.
  • maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    It seems that there no precision in materials to be used in order to CISSP certification, but in these days people who are passing have used Shon Harris AIO 6th edition, as they are testifying to us on this very website forum.