Options

Anyone currently studying for 70-410?

I am currently studying for this hard core, I am currently watching CBT nuggets James Conrad and have setup my own small lab using vmware.

Is anyone else studying for this right now? My goal is to take the test beginning of next month and the next two as well one each month

I am on pacific standard time (cali) and was wondering if someone would like to hit ideas back and forth maybe via gmail or a facebook group? i am open to ideas, I have a couple questions already regarding features on demand on part 3 - modifying your installation

Comments

• Options
    Theegg911Theegg911 Member Posts: 124
    I know a couple of people that took this exam recently. Since it has the R2 material, I would check out What's New in Windows Server 2012 R2 along with the CBT videos. You can also read the exam ref book to give a good basis if reading is your thing: New Exam Ref 70 410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Zacker CR | eBay It doesn't have the R2 material but will give you how the basics work at least.
    Next Goal: Office 365 70-346 (Scheduled for 9/25)
  • Options
    jsojso Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What are your questions regarding features on demand?
  • Options
    pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can anyone suggest the best practice exams to go with ?

Looking at Transcender they do the MSCA pack for $370, I'm waiting for them to come back to me to advise if they've updated with R2 material.
  • Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    pjd007 - if you go with Transcender, get your Transcender practice exams at GetCertified4Less they are much cheaper and you are given 3 years to access them and 2 licenses too! MCSA there works out at $225.

Personally I would go with Transcender but I would hold off until they are updated to R2.
  • Options
    Asif Dasl wrote: »
    pjd007 - if you go with Transcender, get your Transcender practice exams at GetCertified4Less they are much cheaper and you are given 3 years to access them and 2 licenses too! MCSA there works out at $225.

Personally I would go with Transcender but I would hold off until they are updated to R2.
    Thanks but I have my exam booked for 25th so I may just have to go with GetCertified4Less.

What about measureup (has R2 covered) anyone used them ?

http://www.measureup.com/70-410-Installing-and-Configuring-Windows-Server-2012-P3962.aspx
  • Options
    unfbilly11unfbilly11 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used both Transcender and MeasureUp before (not the MeasureUp for the 410 but for other exams). In my opinion, Transcender exams are generally much more difficult but are not phrased the same way you'll see on the exam. They are much longer and go into a ton of unneccessary detail. The MeasureUp exams are very close to what you actually see on the exams in format, but the questions are much simpler than you'd actually see.

For example, a MeasureUp test will be like... "John is trying to add a computer to the domain but is receiving an error message. John is a member of the backup administrators group. How would you resolve the problem without giving John excessive permissions in the forest?"

A Transcender question would go into a ton of detail about John's forest configuration and how he's been delegated control to do certain things but he's in an OU that isn't allowed to add computers to the domain, etc, etc.

I personally like Transcender more, but it's close. I would consider going with MeasureUp bc of the R2 content. Also, I have the 410 Transcender right now and some of the questions seem really off the wall.
  • Options
    unfbilly11 wrote: »
    I have used both Transcender and MeasureUp before (not the MeasureUp for the 410 but for other exams). In my opinion, Transcender exams are generally much more difficult but are not phrased the same way you'll see on the exam. They are much longer and go into a ton of unneccessary detail. The MeasureUp exams are very close to what you actually see on the exams in format, but the questions are much simpler than you'd actually see.

For example, a MeasureUp test will be like... "John is trying to add a computer to the domain but is receiving an error message. John is a member of the backup administrators group. How would you resolve the problem without giving John excessive permissions in the forest?"

A Transcender question would go into a ton of detail about John's forest configuration and how he's been delegated control to do certain things but he's in an OU that isn't allowed to add computers to the domain, etc, etc.

I personally like Transcender more, but it's close. I would consider going with MeasureUp bc of the R2 content. Also, I have the 410 Transcender right now and some of the questions seem really off the wall.
    Sounds like I'm best to go with measureup then.

Thanks.
  • Options
    MSSoftieMSSoftie Member Posts: 190 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would agree. The MeasureUp questions are much more similar to the test questions in difficulty. The Transcender questions are much more complicated and difficult than what you see on the exam. I guess to their defense - if you can pass their test you can certainly pass the real exam as it will seem like first grade material in comparison. But they do have the pass first time guarantee so I guess it is in their interest to be tougher.