Options

Hello TechExams! Just joined and starting with CCENT

massejoemassejoe Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone! I just joined up and new, but look forward to learning and growing. I will use this as a first post and question to make sure I'm tracking right.

I am a student at ITT-Tech, mostly to help me interact with other people and also get some hands on experience along with some type of degree on my resume. I do intend to mostly self study and work diligent within the coummunity. I decided to make the CCENT my first certification and here is how I am starting. Please, feedback and advice are appreciated and welcome.

Pre-Paid and made appointment to take test Friday May 9th, 2014 9:15am est

Books

Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1-101 Official Cert Guide
Older CCENT Certification Study Guide for dummies 2010-All In One (For extra references)

Materials

Old Fashion Pen, Paper, Time (alloted 2 hours minimum per day)
White Board and Markers for Diagrams and constant practice
Couple Router and Switches coming next week.. Will post more when I find exact model numbers

Lab/Video's

CBT Nuggets CCENT ICND1-101
Purchased Combo Pack w/Pre-Exam and Labs, and waiting on arrival
(I know i may have paid more then needed, but I figure the more I spend the more motivation I will have to pass first go)

Thanks and please let me know if anything should be added upon or revaluated.

Comments

• Options
    GngoghGngogh Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    looks to me you are on the right track.........
  • Options
    dpsmooth15dpsmooth15 Banned Posts: 155
    I think you have a great assortment of sources and tools for you to successfully pass the exam, Granted that book is thick, I understand I have it…But it should not take no where near 3 months to pass the CCENT, you can read that book in 3 weeks(7 days a week) easily, 4 weeks if you really screw off a few days. I know you will do well either way icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    massejoemassejoe Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dpsmooth15 wrote: »
    I think you have a great assortment of sources and tools for you to successfully pass the exam, Granted that book is thick, I understand I have it…But it should not take no where near 3 months to pass the CCENT, you can read that book in 3 weeks(7 days a week) easily, 4 weeks if you really screw off a few days. I know you will do well either way icon_thumright.gif

Thanks to both of you, and I do work 50hrs/6days a week and attend classes 10+hrs/3days a week. So I'll be optimistic and set a goal to take the test in a month while keeping my original paid date 5/9/14 open. This way I can have try my best to take sooner and thus more time to start studing to take my ICND2 200-101 :)
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You will do great man. You have all the right resources on the way and will have a few options and avenues to traverse ensuring you understand everything, great plan. Setting your date out like that was smart, gives you a goal without too much pressure especially not knowing how fast you will absorb a new subject.
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Your materials look good. It's impossible to know how quickly you will learn the information until you start studying. Don't rush unless your understanding it.

Good Luck!
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    welcome to the Cisco path, and best of luck with your studies,

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops