Options

Any 2G / 3G / 4G Telecom/Cellular Network Engineers out there?

filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys!

What kind of networks do you work with? The network my team works with provides the backhaul for CDMA 1xRTT voice/data, CDMA EVDO data, and 4G LTE. Coming soon, VOLTE, which should be exciting!

We worry about the needed routing protocols, quality of service, traffic engineering, etc.

Work with Cisco and Alcatel-Lucent routers (TiMOS - 7705 SAR-F, SAR-8, 7750 SR-12).

What about you guys?
CISSP, CCNA SP
Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller

Comments

• Options
    JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    I work for a service provider that does transport for cell providers. We provide SONET and Ethernet backhaul from the cell tower to MTSO. We work with Cisco on Ethernet and Fujitsu with SONET.
  • Options
    Cool Jackace, what Cisco hardware models do you work with? We use ASR 901s, ASR 903s, ASR 1001s, and ASR 9010s from Cisco. ALU gear 7705s (SAR-F, SAR-icon_cool.gif and 7750 SR12s from Alcatel-Lucent.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • Options
    JackaceJackace Member Posts: 335
    We use all the same Cisco gear. We don't use ALU gear but the cell carriers use a lot of it. On the SONET side we use a lot of Fuji 4500s and 4100s.
  • Options
    Jackace,

Have you done any Metro Ethernet Forum training or thought about their certification? It is pretty good stuff. A couple guys on my team are MEF 1.0 and 2.0 certified. I was thinking about doing it this summer as we had the training class last fall.

CCNP SPEDGE also covers some MEF and Metro Ethernet topics as well which is a test I am studying for now. Check out the CCNP SP forum to see my study thread.
    CISSP, CCNA SP
  • Options
    chmodchmod Member Posts: 360 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I do work a lot with the design and sometimes implementation of 2g/3g/4lte netowrks and also ngn and ISP internet backbone. Al most anythihg service providers work with(except the wireless/rf/access part).
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply chmod. What vendor equipment and models do you normally work with?
    CISSP, CCNA SP