Options

Which Path CCNA-> CCNA Sec or CCNA-> CCNP

itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
Hey Guys, I am about to purchase this month hopefully my Cisco Lab from Ciscokits.com and I was wondering what route is a better route to take for a Lab. It will help me determine the overall cost for the lab I will grab. Thanks!

Network Administrator
:

Looking forward in 2017: CCENT

Comments

• Options
    SecurityThroughObscuritySecurityThroughObscurity Member Posts: 212 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ccna sec doesn't require a lot of hardware.
    u can virtualize most.
    but you need switches for both paths.
  • Options
    aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd get a CCNP lab. You don't need much for CCNA Security. If you want to get CCNP Security, you'll need some hardware like an ASA, but you can always get that later, and the functionality of a CCNP will be great in the meantime.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    According to me, CCNA>CCNP is better, even some topics of CCNA security are covered in CCNP and this facilitates you, when you are revising for CCNA security when you have CCNP already.
  • Options
    itangelitangel Member Posts: 111
    Thanks guys for information. Sorry for replying late I been busy moving and getting situated. Then ended up doing Winter Survival Training in Utah mountains. XD, scary and fun at the same time. Driving UTV, ATV, Snowcat, and Snowmobile. Anyways. Glad you guys help me decide on my lap. I have currently 4 switches already will had more routers and switches soon here. I might need a better rack that is for sure. XD

I am looking at Advanced CCNA 200-120 Starter CCNP Kit III

Question what do they mean Access Server 2511 & 16 Cables?

Network Administrator
    :

Looking forward in 2017: CCENT
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A 2511 access server allows you to connect to 16 devices via the console ports.
    You would console or telnet into the access server and then use that to connect to your routers and switches.

It's nice to have if you have the money.
    Good Luck with your studies!