Options

Difficulty of 70-290

RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
With respect to 70-270, how would you rate the difficulty of this exam? I've heard from several people that the 270 is by far the hardest of the MCSE series due to the broad spectrum of topics that are covered in it. I just recently completed 270 and am ready to begin on the 290.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I'd say 70-270 is the easiest, certainly not the hardest. There's a fair amount of overlap between the 270 and 290 exam, although the latter goes a bit further into certain topics, and, of course, covers the features from a server perspective. With 70-270 fresh in mind the 290 exam may seem a bit easier.
  • Options
    lexncalilexncali Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    RT,
    I just passed 290 and it was not that hard. There is real world and then there is MS world. 270 had a bunch of crap on the test that I would never use. 290 didnt seem to have as much worthless stuff. We use a third party patching software but they want you to know sus. I think I had two sus questions on mine. Like he said alot overlaps, I.E. permissions and backup utlitys and asr. I think if you have a pretty good grasp on permissions,backups,disk config,sus,remote desktop and how to get around ad users and computers then you have it good. If you just took 270 then I would study and take it soon. This is just my outlook. Good luck!
  • Options
    Ally77Ally77 Member Posts: 212
    As far as i was aware 270 was definately supposed to be easier than 290 but i must admit that i really didint find 290 as hard as expected. Saying that i did put a lot of work into it so maybe that was why!! :)