Options

MS Degree Achieved!

Comments

• Options
    mistabrumley89mistabrumley89 Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!! I can't wait to start school. It's too difficult in the unit I'm in because we go somewhere for a month at a time every other month. But again, congratulations.
    Goals: WGU BS: IT-Sec (DONE) | CCIE Written: In Progress
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/charlesbrumley
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!
    I'm down to just a few programing classes left for my BS from WGU, I think my wife is looking forward to it as much as I am so she can see me more often, haha.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Yeah going for my MBA was rough. I was out of pocket for at least 6 days out of the week. Glad that horror is over with!
  • Options
    bryguybryguy Member Posts: 190
    MSP-IT wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see what the provided material entails, as the subject matter defined in the program outline seems very itneresting. Although I'm sure WGU provides proficient material, I've been inclined to look outside the provided resources to meet the assignment requirements for course completion. I've done that a lot with the undergrad material.

The course material more or less aligns with the CISSP areas of study. I've found however, that a lot of the material provided is dated. In the realm of technology, 7 years is a lifetime. I've used external sources on almost every task I've submitted- except for the exception of the cyberlaw class.

Congrats Iris!
  • Options
    j33perj33per Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! - The same program had caught my eye... not sure I really wanna "go back to school" - LOL

What certs were tied with the MS program?
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, Iris. You've come a long way. Making dreams happen.
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations Iris!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
    broli720broli720 Member Posts: 394 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Iris! Hope to join you in August.
  • Options
    BalantineBalantine Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Wow I am really jealous. All my wasted years at state university... more debt and for less...Congratulations.
    dulce bellum inexpertis
  • Options
    ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif. Your journey is definitely an inspiration
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Glad to get that degree knocked out I'm sure.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    linuxloverlinuxlover Banned Posts: 228
    Congratulations on your degree! I too want to pursue BSc, I hope I get accepted this year.
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I'm sure its a huge weight off of your shoulders and it must be awesome not having to worry about class and studying for a certification at the same time. I'm doing that now and its a huge pain.
  • Options
    cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • Options
    GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice, congrats!
  • Options
    NicWhiteNicWhite Member Posts: 134
    Congratulations!!!! You are such an inspiration. icon_cheers.gif
    WGU - BS Software Development
    Start Date: 2/1/2016
    Transferred 40 / Complete 23 / Remaining 60
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    On a related side note, I really want to get a class ring but I hate the price and look of the WGU ones. Using silver or gold would be horrible for me. I would tear it up at my job doing networking things. I bought myself a ring for my undergrad degree and the antiquing look wore off, the tarnish is all messed up and of course it's scratched all over. I was thinking of designing my own ring here:
    https://www.anulas.com/ring_designer.php

What do you guys think? Supposedly the metal is stronger than silver and gold. Anyone go this route before?
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The envy is real. Congratulations on your accomplishment!
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, Iris!
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations Iris! I have another year to go myself.
  • Options
    Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I know you opted out going to graduation when you finished your BS. Are you going to attend graduation for your MS?
  • Options
    datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and welcome to a pretty exclusive club Iris! I was soooo happy (and relieved) when I finished my MS. I've been waffling ever since on whether or not to go back and get my PhD from UT or Texas A&M. lol
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    dmarcisco wrote: »
    I know you opted out going to graduation when you finished your BS. Are you going to attend graduation for your MS?

Ekk... I don't know yet! I am getting married this year so money and my schedule is pretty tight. It depends when and where it's going to happen I suppose.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    Congrats!!
    As someone just starting their MS, you give me hope it's possible! (Especially when looking at that time sink of doing all the coursework for the CEH!) :D
  • Options
    anmpanmp Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    eLseLs Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

Still wondering if MSISA is for me or do MS:NM which makes me feel like I should just do the MBA IT instead ahhh choices choices.

Good luck on your next goal!!!
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Information Systems
    2014 Goals: Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP), Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
  • Options
    CompSci99CompSci99 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Your hard work has certainly paid off, the feeling of relief and accomplishment must be amazing!
  • Options
    ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Iris! Read a number of your posts and gotta tell you, you've got some hella motivation! Inspiring for me to keep going.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"
  • Options
    maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119