Options

CCNA - Difficultly level

amitpkothariamitpkothari Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

How would you rate the difficultly level on CCNA exam on the scale of 1 to 10.

Amit P Kothari

( amitkothari.siteburg.com )

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I think the passing score is in this case a good indication of the difficulty level, i.o.w. I vote for 8.5
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you get some seriouis hours practicing on a home lab or simulation then the difficulty i'd say is around a 6. I would not attempt to take this exam without practicing on the equipment.
  • Options
    mikeyoungmikeyoung Member Posts: 101
    It'easy... (7ish I would say) if you have some hands-on experience with Cisco gear. If not, it will be around 8.5 to 9. It is all relative and the CCNA is certainly one of the hardest "first" levels of any certification program.

Anyway that is my take.

Mike
    Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    really depends on your experience. If you are new to all of this and it is your first IT test....I would give it a 12.

If you have experience....I would rate it an 8 compared to other "Entry" level tests.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From the exams I have taken so far it was the hardest.

I would rate it at 8 of 10.
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    lordy wrote:
    From the exams I have taken so far it was the hardest.

I would rate it at 8 of 10.

You rate the CCNA harder than LPIC-1 and 2?!
  • Options
    LongbowLongbow Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This test was harder for me than any of the MSCE tests (including the 'Beast'), the questions are clever - testing on more than one concept at a time. If you don't know your stuff you won't pass. I give it an 8.
  • Options
    cisco_troublecisco_trouble Inactive Imported Users Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to go against the tide. I rate it as a 5. Read the self-study book 3 times, did the **** **** once and did no sims. got 900. Just a little bit of effort and you will pass. oh yes, the past few months it has been VLANs...so know ur switching
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes Cisco_Trouble is correct if you know the questions and answers before doing the exam it rates at a 5 or below!
    The satisfaction of passing the exam rates at a 1 or below!

Currently Cisco_Trouble has 9 posts, havent read them all but 3 of the 4 i've
    read so far are about ****! Is there a hidden agenda here?
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    cisco_troublecisco_trouble Inactive Imported Users Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Astute observation BOO. You dont write exam to learn, you write to pass. The learning process happens before. So my advice to use as much helpful resources as possible! OR waste your time and your money...
    "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
  • Options
    dkdoyledkdoyle Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

How would you rate the difficultly level on CCNA exam on the scale of 1 to 10.

Amit P Kothari

( amitkothari.siteburg.com )

This is the second time taking the CCNA. The new exam is much more difficult then a few years ago. You really have to study for this one if you are not using brain ****. I would rate it an 8.
  • Options
    fonduefondue Member Posts: 104
    Based on other exams and the pure amount of material that might be covered an 8.5, (left room above for future exam, CISSP). I don't know how much time I spent/wasted on cable and fiber physics.

I've noticed others rating CCNA exam much lower, I'm wondering compared to what. I would put my CompTIA experiances very low <5. The only exam I put in the same toughness category to date is 70-291 due to the rediculous multipart questions to get you wrapped around the axle.
  • Options
    patelharipatelhari Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i rate it 8.5 according to my knowledge. i m preparing for it and i have feel it.
    I like to play around with 11111111.11111111.11111111.00000000
  • Options
    milliampmilliamp Member Posts: 135
    I also give it an 8.5