Options

network administrator exam

dhruvikdhruvik Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
hello guys,
what are the exam for become network admin. what is ccna,ccnp? nd wht book should be refer for that.
plz help me

Comments

• Options
    Admiral AkmirAdmiral Akmir Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, it really depends on how far you want to go, or what you want to specialize in.

For starters you will want to take the CCNA, preferrably with the two test option since it's recommended for beginners. There is a useful sticky at the top of this forum that you should read, it has a lot of valuable information about studying, and what books to buy etc...
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Absolutely do search here, as many have spent a lot of time consolidating most frequently asked stuff like what you mentioned. Also, make sure you read all information on the Cisco website regarding their different certifications. Nothing like getting info straight from the horse's mouth.
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One option on learning about CCNA is the online INE training. It costs nothing but your time.
    CCNA Associate Course - 640-802

It's free so long as you agree to let INE send you spam.

I took the CCNA and CCNP training at New Horizons. One thing I learned is that CCNP is not for a newbie. You will need to know Cisco very well to get past the CCNP exams. I'd recommend starting with something like CompTIA Network+ to get into network administration. That's what I did. Network+ is a good place to start as it covers a lot of material that is expected prior knowledge for CCENT and CCNA.

I'd also recommend some sort of security certification. I think that would look good to anyone hiring that cares in the least about security. Security+ is a good place to start with that. Perhaps security isn't what you want to do, I just think it's a good idea to have some background in security for anyone doing networking.

The exams you'd have to take for CCNA is either the two test path or the single test path. The ICND1 and ICND2 exams or CCNA combined exam will get you a CCNA certification. Passing the ICND1 will get you the CCENT certification, which is nice but does not hold near the same recognition as CCNA. To get the CCNP you will have to already have the CCNA and pass three more exams. I wouldn't be concerned too much about the CCNP, the CCNA is difficult enough. Get the CCNA first then think about if you need or want the CCNP.
    MacGuffin - A plot device, an item or person that exists only to produce conflict among the characters within the story.