Options

Passed CCNA with 1000!

FouveFouve Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just passed the CCNA(640-801) less than a week ago with 1000! I had the same simulation as everyone else...the VLAN config. Lots of exhibits and troubleshooting. Couple of OSPF, IGRP. A lot had to do with Switch configuration concerning VTP and VLANs.
The materials I used:
****.com
Techexams.net
Sybex 5th edition

Next up is MSCE,MCP,MCSA, MCDA and possibly CCNP...

Comments

• Options
    silver_225silver_225 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! But really, couldn't you have gotten a higher score? icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude - GREAT SCORE
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    Sa'adSa'ad Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man. How did you do it man? God 1000 on the first try with very limited resources for preparation. You're good aint ya? Great job.

Give me some tips. How long did you study for, and did you use any network simulator softwares or did you use actual equipment? Thanks!
    INE v4 volume 1
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    o_O Congrats, that's pretty good. I need to retake mine on friday.
    I've been using Sybex, Cisco, Richard deal's book and some others. How long were you studying?

KG
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    opers13opers13 Member Posts: 100
    wow!!!! That's an awesome score...congrats!
  • Options
    zomzom Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    wowow that's the best score i have ever seen lol good job there man^^ congrats ! :D
    MCSA 2K3, MCSE 2K3, MCDBA
  • Options
    I had been studying for about 3 weeks straight. I was in a class for the Intro part of the exam(4 weeks) so I had a lot of hands-on experience before the exam. As far as the ICND part of the exam, I studied on my own using Boson simulator and focusing mostly on VTP setup and VLAN's which ended up being highly rewarding. The class was 8am-5pm M-F for 3 weeks and I studied outside of class using ****.com. On ****.com, I did all the regular tests until I was scoring 100% then I did the random tests until I was constantly getting 90% or higher. If there was a problem I didn't understand, I would go back into the Sybex book until I understood it. I hope this helps and thanks!
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    AWESOME DUDE!!!All cheers to ya!!
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Good job......When I was teaching....I offered a steak dinner to anyone that scored a 1000 / 1000 on their first attempt. And for two years.....I was the only one that ate steak! I must be a crappy teacher haha..

good job....I didn't get close to that on my second attempt......But have earned 1000 on a couple of others.

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    So....Are you offering a steak dinner to me then? hehe
  • Options
    SVSV Member Posts: 166
    Cool job my friend. great score
    Life is a journey...