Options

WGU MS Questions

ZazzlerZazzler Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was searching through the forum and found discussions with the differences between the BS concentrations for WGU but I had some questions regarding their MS programs: M.S. Information Security and Assurance and M.S. Information Technology—Network Management.

A guy I work with did the the Security concentrated and loved it, he even has his CeHS and CHFI hanging up in his office. I was looking through their website and noticed they have three certs listed for the MS Security one (CeHS, CHFI, and CCENT) but none for the IT/NM concentration. So does this concentration not offer any type of certifications with this?
Currently Studying: MCSE: Private Cloud (70-246 in March; 70-247 in April)

Goals for 2014: MCSA: SQL 2012; Project+; CAPM; Linux+/LPIC-1

Thinking about: MS degree through WGU; CCNA: Security

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    That is correct. I think the name is a bit misleading, as it focuses (from the course list) much more on the management side, than the network side.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have been told by a user on these forums who finished the MSIT: NM degree that its very heavy in paper writing. He said if you don't enjoy writing lengthy papers then you will hate the program.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would believe that. Depends on what your end goal is, mgmt. vs technician as to which would be more enjoyable/beneficial to you.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed