Options

Would you ?

dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
I had applied to a company in atlanta in December for a network engineer program, the company is a cisco gold partner. The problem is the next part of the interview process is an assesment test all the way in alpharetta georgia, this is a great opportunity but i would have to most likely rent a car and take the 9 hour drive and more than likely rent a room for one night.

Question is would you, as you can see i am in florida and the opportunities are slim to none....

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I say go for it, it doesn't sound like the area you are in now offers the opportunities you are looking for so if you don't go out on a limb you might not end up where you want to be. Plus if you are interested in the position you would be re-locating up there anyways, so maybe this is a chance to check out the area if you haven't already.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    If you want the job what other choice do you have really?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□

x2

I don't see why not.
  • Options
    flipflop4567flipflop4567 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think a train might be a good deal, checking it out.
    Amtrak - Stations - Fort Lauderdale, FL (FTL)
  • Options
    Yea thanks i really do want the opportunity so i am going to take the chance and go for it.
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    If you have the opportunity to move from Florida to the Atlanta area and you work in IT, YOU DO IT!! Atlanta is the IT hub of the South and there are tons more opportunities there.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    TybTyb Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Pretty much the only answer. If you do go good luck.
    WGU BS:IT Security (March 2015)
    WGU MS:ISA (February 2016 )
  • Options
    Well i did it today, they scheduled me for the assessment at a cisco location in Orlando, i did well on the router and switch section but the voice section i messed up a bit, onward and upward. It is for an assessment program so fingers crossed i get through if i dont it was a learning experience i was happy to take, back to the books and GNS3 !!!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    w00tw00t Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Go for it. I moved to Atlanta, GA from FL and I couldn't be happier with the relocation. Leave FL ASAP!