Options

Passed today 1000

Took 70-270 this morning scored 1000!!!! On to 70-290 next.

Comments

• Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude - GREAT SCORE
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    raymond626raymond626 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How come you can get a full mark?
    Amazing!!
    Well DONE!!!!
  • Options
    hanakuinhanakuin Member Posts: 144
    This is how I scored 1000 on the 70-270 exam.

1.) Experience, I have 5 years experience administrating a 2k/2k3 network. (I'm just now getting around to achieving certs)
    2.) I have a test lab at home that comprises of 2 Windows 2003 servers and 2 XP desktops; I have a cheap Dell switch and a Cisco 1760 router. In my opinion this is pretty much the best lab scenario.
    3.) Read, I read the Sybex book on 70-270 from cover to cover. I also skimmed through a Windows XP reference guide that I have at work.
    4.) Practice tests, I purchased a PrepLogic practice test.

I read the book in a week, doing at least 2 chapters a day; if I was unfamiliar with a particular exercise I would do it in the lab at least 2 or 3 times. After that I would go through practice exams and do all of the questions in learning mode in one setting, print out any relevant information as to why I missed a question and research it. Read the Technotes they are great! The CD that is included with the Sybex book has a few bonus exams on it which I studied and right before I took the exam I ran through the flash cards a couple of times to get my mind into the 70/270 exam mode.

Spent two weeks studying at least 2 hours a night, took a week off the allow information to permeate in my little mind. Spent another week just working with practice tests alone for at least 2 hours a night. Make sure to use more than one practice test to keep from just memorizing questions. You can easily pass this test with a month of studying; experience working with desktops helps alot.
  • Options
    nice summary............
  • Options
    gbhpboygbhpboy Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Fantastic Job !

thanks for sharing, the advice it was great.
    Have a look at the Transcender tests if you can afford them.
    The ones I have just downloaded have got simulators in them which you will find in 290 and 291, and they are exactly the same as you find in the real tests.

You should do 290 in about 3 weeks max, it took me 3 months.

best wishes
  • Options
    can you post a link to where you bought your Transcender software at?