Options

Recruiters Always This Fast?

XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
I'm sitting here waiting for someone from a staffing agency to call me back because I missed the call not expecting her to call literally 3 minutes after submitting my resume for a Help Desk position.

I never expected the response to be that fast. Is this common??

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Guess she didn't have anything to do besides fill that position.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I haven't had a call that fast, but sometimes they are quick. The job I have now, I applied over the weekend and got a call Monday morning. It just depends how soon they need someone and how well they are doing filling the positions.
  • Options
    Guess she didn't have anything to do besides fill that position.

I wish I knew whether that was good or bad lol.
  • Options
    UkimokiaUkimokia Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't really say it's a bad thing. I applied for a help desk posistion and got a call in 6 mins. I'm at the job now, and it wasn't a bad thing at all.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Yes, I have had recruiters call that fast. Then, if you miss the call and call back, they are never there and by the time you reach them, they have found someone else. That is frustrating..
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I once applied for a specific position, within 4 minutes of hitting submit to their form and attaching my resume a different person in the office called me. She said, "I was just going through some of our resumes and saw yours and was wondering if you were still looking for a job".... still?? haha
  • Options
    PurpleITPurpleIT Member Posts: 327
    I've had calls in under 15 minutes a time or two. This seems to be more likely when I send my information to a person as opposed to a general address (Bob@company.com vs Hiring@company.com). Going through a portal where I have to upload my resume, fill out a questionnaire, etc, seems to be the slowest.
    WGU - BS IT: ND&M | Start Date: 12/1/12, End Date 5/7/2013
    What next, what next...
  • Options
    Yes, I have had recruiters call that fast. Then, if you miss the call and call back, they are never there and by the time you reach them, they have found someone else. That is frustrating..

Yes, this is what I'm concerned about.
  • Options
    Death DreamDeath Dream Member Posts: 149
    Recruiters are fast most of the time because they want to get paid.

Just the other day a Network Admin position opened up in my area. I got six calls that day from different recruiters trying to get me to go for it. After the third call I had to stop them because I knew it was the same job at that point.
  • Options
    neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    I would be happy if I got a call back that fast. I have gotten a call back about a different job that I applied to last week. We will see how it goes. Just keep your head up and hope for the best.
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+
  • Options
    neo9006 wrote: »
    I would be happy if I got a call back that fast. I have gotten a call back about a different job that I applied to last week. We will see how it goes. Just keep your head up and hope for the best.

Yes, yes... I'm very happy, just surprised. Three minutes is very fast. It took a couple of hours of phone tag, but we finally were able to connect. She has selected to put my resume through to the employer, which she has told me is a banking and financial services provider. We will see what happens over the next 48 hours. I'm definitely hoping for the best.

I wish you good luck on your own potential position!