Options

Anyone heard of this company?

neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
Good evening,

I got the following e-mail this morning:

" I represent the Company specializing in Information Technology. We perform a variety of functions that range from installing applications to designing complex computer networks and information databases. A few of the duties that Information Technology professionals perform may include networking, engineering computer hardware, as well as management and administration of entire systems. Information technology is starting to spread further than the conventional personal computer and network technologies, and more into integrations of other technologies such as the use of cell phones, televisions, automobiles, and more, which is increasing the demand for such jobs.

This letter confirms our employment offer to you as a part time FS Agent.

This offer is subjected to the following:
• Work schedule:
- Mon - Fri, from 9 AM - 11 AM.

• Job Requirements:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Computer skills including internet, e-mail, word processing
- A stable work history
- You must be a self-starter and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- All applicants will be required to complete a background check
- Free training provided, so experience is not required
- NOT A SALES OR MLM MARKETING POSITION

• Your salary shall be $2300 per month and is subjected to taxes deductions and other withholding deductions as required by law.
• In accepting our employment offer and until you sign the formal job contract, you certify that your employment has not entered into a contractual status.

Contact us at wireless.job.generation@gmail.com. I'm sorry, due to spam problem we have to use a g-mail address, company e-mail address will be revealed to you after your reply.

Respectfully,

HR Manager "

I wish I could do it, but I need a full time job for one, and if the hours were maybe different I could probably pull it off, but me being cautious as usual, has anyone even heard of this place?? Why would you use an gmail address first without providing your company e-mail address? Just seeing what everyone else thinks.

BAAS - Web and Media Design
Working on A+

Comments

• Options
    darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's hella sketchy.
    :twisted:
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Gotta be some sort of startup business I would think, I knew someone who worked for a tiny home grown operation once, they ran out of work / hours within a few weeks and he was out of work pretty quickly.
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Man... if it is a scam, you'd think they'd try to tempt you with more than $2300 a month.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    considering its coming from a @gmail.com I would stay away. Any company or consultant worth there salt would have their own domain name.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    neo9006neo9006 Member Posts: 195
    Thanks everyone, I read it briefly while I was on a pit stop coming back from Austin today. I went through it again this afternoon and figured someone might know something in here. Thanks Cyber, just read the link. Well I will keep looking for something legit. :)
    BAAS - Web and Media Design
    Working on A+
  • Options
    miroa12004miroa12004 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    neo9006 wrote: »
    • Work schedule:
    - Mon - Fri, from 9 AM - 11 AM.

Contact us at wireless.job.generation@gmail.com. I'm sorry, due to spam problem we have to use a g-mail address, company e-mail address will be revealed to you after your reply.

Tells you all you need to know about it. Although if I were you, I'd play along with them. Love playing with scammers.
  • Options
    JaneDoeJaneDoe Member Posts: 171
    neo9006 wrote: »
    " I represent the Company specializing in Information Technology...

This letter confirms our employment offer to you as a part time FS Agent.
    - All applicants will be required to complete a background check...

company e-mail address will be revealed to you after your reply.

Respectfully,
    HR Manager"
    There a number of things wrong with this. First, if they're offing you a job, why are they telling you what applicants need to do to be considered for the job? A job ofter comes after they reviewed your application, interviewed you, and decided you were the best candidate. Sometimes you'll get an offer contingent on the results of a background check and/or drug test, but you're no longer an applicant at that point. If they're really making you an offer, it should include a start date. To still be hiding the company name, email address (not to mention the physical address), and the name of the hiring manager in a job offer letter is unheard of. This looks like someone copied a job description and tried to turn it into an offer without knowing what a real offer letter looks like.

So yes, this is a scam.
  • Options
    XyroXyro Member Posts: 623
    What alerted me was the unusually high salary. The requirements were too low for that high of a salary.
  • Options
    JaneDoeJaneDoe Member Posts: 171
    What that works out to hourly is crazy high. 2300 a month would be reasonable for a full time high school graduate with some work experience depending on the location (it would be only a few bucks above minimum wage in DC and under minimum wage in Washington state), but for 2 hours a day, that's madness.