Options

Stanley CC Class March - May 2014

Comments

• Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
    eh?
    VCP5-DCV - vInfrastructure Blog

Hey so dumb question, does the class include a voucher or any discount towards taking the actual certification?
  • Options
    HP_GuyHP_Guy Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HP_Guy wrote: »
    I'm an 'alumni' of this course, although I'm not ready to take the exam yet. There was a link to an external blog as one of the first items in the course as I recall. I wonder if anybody would be so kind as to copy the link here or PM me with it?

Thanks.

That's the one! Thanks very much. Also, yes you are given a 70% voucher for the exam.
  • Options
    dionrowneydionrowney Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have not received an email yet regarding where i am in the waiting list. Also cant find a way to PM on this board.

I need to plan my time and want to estimate whe I will be able to that the VMware couse. Can someone check my status and somehow contact me?

thanks
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @dionrowney

You would need to email Jana Kennedy then @ stanly - jkennedy7709 @ stanly [dot]edu She can then check your status.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    volumevolume Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The dog playing with the squeaky toy in the background in Module 6, video 2 is pretty hilarious.
  • Options
    txraider09txraider09 Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What is the cost for the Stanly CC course?
  • Options
    praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    txraider09 wrote: »
    What is the cost for the Stanly CC course?

$185 plus books

Has anyone in the class started the labs?
  • Options
  • Options
    volumevolume Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    pramin wrote: »
    Has anyone in the class started the labs?
    On lab 9 right now.
  • Options
    how comes you guys are onto the videos in the later modules?! I only have access to module 2&3.

• Options
    I'm starting Module/Topic 7 today....
    I see up to 12 currently, 13-17 not available.....
  • Options
    BGraves wrote: »
    I'm starting Module/Topic 7 today....
    I see up to 12 currently, 13-17 not available.....

Seriously?! I wonder whats going on. I am sure i read somewhere that there would be 1 module released for the first four weeks then all course content would be released afterwards.

• Options
    nel wrote: »
    how comes you guys are onto the videos in the later modules?! I only have access to module 2&3.

Me too. This is what I have as well.

spacer
    spacer
    [h=3]Topic 3[/h]

• Module 3: Create Virtual Machines

• Options
    Did you complete the class quiz and post your introduction? I remember the majority of the course wasn't available to me until after I did those things....
    If you did both those things, you may want to email Stanly and find out what's going on...
  • Options
    Did you complete the class quiz and post your introduction? I remember the majority of the course wasn't available to me until after I did those things....
    If you did both those things, you may want to email Stanly and find out what's going on...

Yup, sure did. Think i was one of the first.

I have emailed Nick to ask about it.

• Options

I have completed the quiz and posted my introduction. I emailed Nic.

FYI

How many sections/labs are in this class?
    There are 12 modules in this class and 18 labs. This is an 8 week course and modules will be released gradually.

Nic just released modules 4, 5, 6 :)
  • Options
    Yeah, Nick mentioned that modules 2-3 should only be available with 4, 5 and 6 now released.

I guess you guys just got lucky! lol.

• Options
    Has anyone been able to view the labs on either IPAD or Android tablet?
  • Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sorry, but NetLabs (online labs) is not officially supported by either of these platforms. The list of supported browsers is on the NetLabs homepage if you have any questions about system requirements.
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

I actually meant the lectures. Not the labs. :)
  • Options
    The creator of the Moodle class has indicated that since these are flash videos, most likely you will not be able to view them on a tablet.
  • Options
    methicalmethical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    pramin wrote: »
    I actually meant the lectures. Not the labs. :)

I can on android using firefox beta + flash, but it's much easier to just rip the videos so you don't have to worry about being online to watch them at your convenience.

• Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Great first post. Welcome to the forums.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    @methical

What have you used to rip the videos?
  • Options
    How is everyone doing on the class?

I made it to Lab 15 so far, really enjoyed the ability to learn this way and do it at my own pace. Actually got the web interface installed and configured at work(5.1) based on stuff I learned here, so that was a great feeling! Being able to play around with a vApp was interesting as well!

You know what's weird? I can't find the exact end date of the class. It seems like every email I have shows a date for the previous term? Anyone know what day the class is officially over?

Also, seems like all we have to do is complete the videos and labs to complete the class? Can I get anyone to confirm/deny that?
  • Options
    methicalmethical Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Through my emails with the college, I was informed that it runs 3/19/2014-5/07/2014.

Also, grab your exam discount, and some other goodies through https://vmware.stanly.edu/
  • Options
    methical wrote: »
    Through my emails with the college, I was informed that it runs 3/19/2014-5/07/2014.

Also, grab your exam discount, and some other goodies through https://vmware.stanly.edu/

Ah, can't seem to log in to that yet? Just get a "Please enter a valid email address" when I try to use my moodle username/login. ?
  • Options
    Cable_guyCable_guy Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You are a quite a bit past me. I am around lab 8 or 9, but I have been busy with spring just around the corner. Plan to knock out a few exercises this week to try to catch up.
  • Options
    The class officially began 03/19/2014 and will officially end 05/07/2014.
    How is everyone doing on the class?

I made it to Lab 15 so far, really enjoyed the ability to learn this way and do it at my own pace. Actually got the web interface installed and configured at work(5.1) based on stuff I learned here, so that was a great feeling! Being able to play around with a vApp was interesting as well!

You know what's weird? I can't find the exact end date of the class. It seems like every email I have shows a date for the previous term? Anyone know what day the class is officially over?

Also, seems like all we have to do is complete the videos and labs to complete the class? Can I get anyone to confirm/deny that?
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    STANLY_CC

What is the timeline for the course following the one ending on May 7th?