Options

Stanley CC Class March - May 2014

Comments

• Options
    STANLY_CCSTANLY_CC Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Actually, we are working on that now. As soon as the dates are set, I will post them for you.
    zxbane wrote: »
    STANLY_CC

What is the timeline for the course following the one ending on May 7th?
  • Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks, and when do you anticipate notifications being sent out to those who made the cut to be able to sit for the next class starting in May?
  • Options
    Within the next two weeks, we should be contacting the next group of students.
    Thanks, and when do you anticipate notifications being sent out to those who made the cut to be able to sit for the next class starting in May?
  • Options
    CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    ^^ I have been notified about being accepted in to this course for the May time frame, the problem is that I have orders to Korea and will be leaving for in the same time frame. I know it is going to take some time to settled in Korea, my question is that if I do forfit my current spot, how long will it be till I can apply for the next class??
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    CCNTrainee wrote: »
    ^^ I have been notified about being accepted in to this course for the May time frame, the problem is that I have orders to Korea and will be leaving for in the same time frame. I know it is going to take some time to settled in Korea, my question is that if I do forfit my current spot, how long will it be till I can apply for the next class??

I would imagine you could apply right now. The question is if you would be queued at the end or on a stand-by basis.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    I was wondering that too... thou I don't want to pay and waste a slot+time since I'll be PCSing and getting into the groove of things in Korea. It'll probably take a month before I get settled in and have working internet in my room. Also I am already enrolled in a online PME course so it is ready bad timing to start and pay for the VMware cousre.
  • Options
    CCNT,

Are you in the military, if so what branch? I was stationed at Osan AB Korea while in the Air Force and it was a lot of fun.

Also, when did you get notified about being accepted to the May class? I am hoping to get that email myself soon
  • Options
    CCNT,

Are you in the military, if so what branch? I was stationed at Osan AB Korea while in the Air Force and it was a lot of fun.

Also, when did you get notified about being accepted to the May class? I am hoping to get that email myself soon
    Yes I am, I am also in the AF... initially I was suppose to go to Daegu AB but got diverted to Osan instead. I got my second notification about the May class, they want me to register and pay for the cousre... thou the month of May is all just bad timing this year.
  • Options
    thou the month of May is all just bad timing this year.

I would go ahead and knock the class out. All you have to do in the beginning is introduce yourself in the forum. Beyond that you just have to watch the videos and complete the labs by the last day of class and you're good to go for the VCP. There is no weekly participation policy or anything of that sort. Just get your stuff done by the deadline and you shouldn't have a problem. If you think you will be freed up by mid-June I wouldn't let the opportunity pass you. The waiting list is pushing a year these days.

Congrats on the duty station, btw. I hear South Korea is an awesome adventure. Would love to contract over there for a year or two but the wages are just too low. If North Korea gets crazy and they begin to offer uplift/hazard pay to contractors you better believe I'll be on the first plane over there!
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    tprice, or anyone else who can answer this -

I have wondered, is the Stanly course along with reading the Scott Lowe VMware book and any other relevant reading enough to pass the actual VCP exam? This is coming from someone with very little VMWare experience prior to attending the course and reading the book. But I am hoping that with taking the course and doing hands on labs, and reading Scott Lowe's book along with any other useful books that I should be prepared to sit the exam.
  • Options
    I've yet to take the VCP but when this question was posed previously on this forum the consensus seemed to be that it was not.
    WGU MSISA
  • Options
    tprice5 wrote: »
    I would go ahead and knock the class out. All you have to do in the beginning is introduce yourself in the forum. Beyond that you just have to watch the videos and complete the labs by the last day of class and you're good to go for the VCP. There is no weekly participation policy or anything of that sort. Just get your stuff done by the deadline and you shouldn't have a problem. If you think you will be freed up by mid-June I wouldn't let the opportunity pass you. The waiting list is pushing a year these days.

Congrats on the duty station, btw. I hear South Korea is an awesome adventure. Would love to contract over there for a year or two but the wages are just too low. If North Korea gets crazy and they begin to offer uplift/hazard pay to contractors you better believe I'll be on the first plane over there!

Thank you for the Congratz, even thou I am no longer going to Daegu I am still looking forward to Korea. I figure I do one Overseas tour that isn't Afghanistan before I get out. Lol I probably wouldn't mind the wages if I was offer a position, since location plays a key factor rather then money... if I really wanted the money I'll just go to the next "Hot Zone" since I like being in the deployment environment anyways.

Still thou, reason I want to forfeit my spot besides the PCSing part, is the fact that I am enrolled into a online PME course. Since both of you are Military, you are probably familiar with the Cyber 100 course, I requested for a slot a year back so I rather focus on that for now. Since this is my first PCS, I don't know what to expect not to mention getting use to the Korea Ops Tempo with all the exercises they do in Osan. I rather wait on this class, especially hearing how bad the lodging can be in Osan.
  • Options
    Actually not in the military, I just work for the Army. Unfamiliar with the courses you mentioned but if you have other obligations then you should obviously take care of those first. If it's any consilation someone will be grateful for your spot!
    WGU MSISA
  • Options
    TremiataTremiata Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'll be joining the May-July class and have ordered the Scott Lowe 5.5 book. I have a little home lab with Iomega iscsci san.
  • Options

Please send me a private message. Thanks.
  • Options
    neilperryneilperry Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Forgot that I put myself on the waiting list and was happy to see the e-mail in my inbox yesterday. Can't wait to get this started.
  • Options
    Please be sure to check your spam box as we are currently sending out emails for the upcoming May class. :)
  • Options
    JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got the email as well :D Can't wait to start this class!
  • Options
    I just got the email as well and excited to finally start the class, registered back in October roughly. As far as the VCP goes, and this course, do you guys recommend studying the 5.5 Scott Lowe book, and is this class 5.1 or 5.5 based starting in May?
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    I just paid my fees and ordered the book! So excited :D
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Me too, but you should of skipped the book and picked up Scott Lowes Mastering Vsphere 5.5
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    DOH! Was too excited and wanted to get everything taken care of before the first day of class like a good student icon_wink.gif

Thank you for the suggestion though, I will definitely pick up Scott's book as I've seen others mention it before.
  • Options
    ghdghd Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    VMware vSphere 5 Enterprise - Download | Stanly Community College - Instructional Technology | Academic Software Discounts

Does anyone know if we will be entitled to download the software above once we have our full registration details?
  • Options
    dsgmdsgm Member Posts: 228 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Didnt know about this, thanks man
  • Options
    ghd wrote: »
    VMware vSphere 5 Enterprise - Download | Stanly Community College - Instructional Technology | Academic Software Discounts

Does anyone know if we will be entitled to download the software above once we have our full registration details?

You should have full access. Please contact your instructor on how to obtain this.
  • Options
    J.TotJ.Tot Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Class is officially over today. I received a jmail with my VCP voucher discount code.
    VCP5 : [X] | VCP6 : [X] | MCSE : 70-412 [X] , 70-417 [ ] , 70-413 [ ] , 70-414 [ ] | VCAP : [ ]
  • Options
    2busy2busy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @J.Tot;
    Have you already been enrolled for the exam on mylearn portal?
  • Options
    LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It doesn't not yet show up on mine.
  • Options
    2busy2busy Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    LauraMalaveLauraMalave Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□