Options

Best Study Route

ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,
Quick question on how to study for the 70-640. I have the Microsoft Training kit, CBT Nuggets, and the old Train Signal vids for this exam. My question is what would be the best path to benefit from using these? What I'm currently doing is reading a chapter in the book, then switching to a video, then back to the book, then video, etc.

However, I find it hard to match the video with the chapter I read. If I take the videos out of order, then I miss out on how they got to that point in the videos. Would it be better to just do one at a time, such as read the book completely through, then do CBT, then Train Signal, without bouncing back and forth?
"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"

Comments

• Options
    gibbers82gibbers82 Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently watching the cbt nuggets videos then after each one doing the labs from the book relating to the video that i have just watched.
  • Options
    rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Generally speaking, i usually like to read the book first and take some notes while i learn the main concepts. After i have enough knowledge of the subjects i watch the videos and lab at the same time. I also continue to build up on my previous notes, i keep doing this until i feel comfortable to schedule an exam. This is what works for me. :)
  • Options
    Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Having failed the damn exam before I am trying to go through it all again, the official MS book, rebuilding my lab and subscribed to CBT too (which I didn't before). Have to say I think their videos are really helpful especially when watched close to when you read the stuff in the book. Hoping this approach sees me right when I resit though we're looking at Server 2012 where I work so tempted to sack off 2008 and go down that route.....
  • Options
    blacksheepblacksheep Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeh i am doing the CBT nuggets which I find easy to motivate myself to get on with and was going to setup a lab to play with for stuff I havent done.

Got the sybex 200r2 complete study guide, small in size compared to the ms texts (has 3 exams covered in one book) but lots of sample questions.. not sure if its enough.
  • Options
    rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Professor Messer is a Must for ComTia exams and CBT is a must for MS exams!
  • Options
    ThePrimetimerThePrimetimer Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome tips! Thanks a lot guys. I'll be picking what I can from each of them.

Thinking that I will definitely be re-vamping how I have always studied. A new approach needs to be done for the self-study route.
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done"