Options

250-271 NBU for Unix passed

brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
It was quite interesting exam.
Be prepared not only for the command line stuff but be familiar with GUI also.
98 questions, 2hours time.

Next target 250-316 Backup Exec 2012.

--
Regards

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

How did you prepare? Did you take the official course?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There is no need to take an official course - all on-line Symantec courses are available for free.
    I'm working with NBU for 7-8 years (from version 4.5) so I had no problems with standard backup-related questions and I reviewed only the newest features (SLP, AIR, deduplication and others).
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ah, OK.

Years ago, a company I was working for sent me to the NBU for Windows class when we decided to switch from Backup Exec. I didn't choose to pursue certification, but what I learned there plus the experience I gained probably would have been enough I figure.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...