Options

Anyone ever been to a group interview?

sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
I have an interview coming up which is in a group form? I never heard of this type of interview in IT. I am about to just call the guy up and cancel the interview.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Pretty much every interview I've ever had was a group interview. The only one I can think of that wasn't was for a small consulting company I met a guy at a Starbucks.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    These are the best kind. You get a chance to see the culture of the company and see if you belong. It maybe a cool job with great pay and benifits, but if show up and find out the team is not really a TEAM, you will be looking. I have interviewed for a few jobs and declined the offer based upon how I felt about the team. This can save you a lot of heartache later on.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    TomkoTechTomkoTech Member Posts: 438
    Give this article a read through. It may help you. How to Sparkle in a Group Interview - US News
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Hold on, which group interview? Multiple interviewers or multiple interviewees?
  • Options
    sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    I am talking about multiple employee candidates.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Ahhh yeah never done one of those. I wouldn't cancel just because of that though. Go in there and be the best and don't worry about the other people.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Same here, never done it. Would be weird as hell but I would still go.
  • Options
    coreyb80coreyb80 Member Posts: 647 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I did back in 2002 for Lasalle Bank. Ended up working there for 5 years. At the time, I was told the best way to shine in an interview was to show your interest by answering the questions honestly as well as asking questions about the company.
    WGU BS - Network Operations and Security
    Completion Date: May 2021
  • Options
    MrkaliMrkali Member Posts: 105
    That sounds weird. I would go just to see what it's about.
  • Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    coreyb80 wrote: »
    I did back in 2002 for Lasalle Bank. Ended up working there for 5 years. At the time, I was told the best way to shine in an interview was to show your interest by answering the questions honestly as well as asking questions about the company.

That's what I'd be aiming for. Make sure they remember your face.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Yes, I have. It's interesting
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    That's a different tactic. I'd go just to see what it was like. If you fail at least you know what to expect next time. Learn something new everyday.
  • Options
    draughtdraught Member Posts: 229 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Every important position even entry level was a group for me. I had three for one four for another. I hate them because you'll get one person who isn't talking and it's just more nerve racking. I think more than trying to befriend anyone is just be yourself so to speak and let them see the confident person you are in the skills you have. That's what I've learned. Next interview will be even more practice when it comes.