Options

Vancouver IT Market?

CannibalpriestCannibalpriest Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been thinking about moving back home lately, to Canada. Originally I'm from Ontario but want to move out west where it stays a little warmer, like Vancouver. Any Canadians or people who have worked there before that can give me some insight on the job market? I've looked at some websites like Dice and Indeed and some jobs show up but not a lot, and I'm just wondering is Canadian employers possibly post somewhere else.

Edit: Grammar

Comments

• Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Half of B.C. works in Alberta for a reason.
    Programmers are in high demand everything is pretty much underpaid. Add in housing and they're all working poor over there.
    There are jobs there but seems to be more towards the netry level side. It's not really a major market for head offices so the need for senior techies isn't so bad.

If you land at lululemon you will be the luckiest guy in the world. Best office setup EVER.
  • Options
    CannibalpriestCannibalpriest Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I'm guessing the answer to my question is other than entry level, not many jobs in Vancouver. I'm still technically entry-level but I want to be able to grow somewhere you know. What areas in Canada would you say are good for IT? Calgary?
  • Options
    Dieg0MDieg0M Member Posts: 861
    Montreal and Toronto
    Follow my CCDE journey at www.routingnull0.com