Options

Storage+ passed barely

fixn2fixitfixn2fixit Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I work with SAN storage in a large enterprise environment regularly but it's not my primary responsibility. I passed the Storage+ test today but I'm disappointed in my score of 788 when 720 is minimum. I paid for uCertify online study and followed the entire curriculum including printing their certificate of readiness. I also spent time surfing source references. I can say without hesitation that one must study some resources directly from SNIA or it's unlikely that a passing score will be achieved. Test questions were typical CompTIA style where red-herring language is thrown into scenarios and you must chose the BEST of several plausible choices. 100 questions in 90 minutes means you need to move along and not get paralyzed by one or more particularly difficult questions. My strategy in certification testing is to truly study over a period of a month or more and commit to a test date objective. I have successfully used self-study methods but only when serious about it at the cost of setting aside things I'd rather be doing..

Comments

• Options
    srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Grats on the pass. Not many people have this cert. I used the official CompTIA/SNIA student courseware, which was a decently thick book. Passed with a good score if I remember correctly.

I considered studying for the SNIA Certified Storage Engineer (SCSE) certification, but after I discovered that it expires after 3 years I said forget it. I'm going to end up with too many certs that expire after 3 years and I'm not going to be able to keep up with renewing them.
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I passed this when it was beta by just studying free resources found on the SNIA website. At the time I had relatively little experience except for swapping out backup tapes on a weekly basis. I think you can easily pass this cert without spending anything on study materials. Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm actually going to be taking my Storage+ certification exam myself. Since I studied for my EMCISAv2 last year, I plan on taking this exam hopefully soon. Just to keep some of this material fresh in my mind. But a pass is a pass so congrats!! As long as you learned from the certification, that is all that matters!!
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey nice work! Gratz on the pass!
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Are you (or anyone else that his it) seeing any value in the cert? I don't mean value in the knowledge you gain preparing for it, but in actually getting the cert.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete