70-685 Which resources and your feedback please

dpbaker2dpbaker2 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Booked to sit in 1 months time. I've worked in DST for about 3 years. From what I've read the 70-685 doesn't have a huge amount of reliable resources (Gibson book, CBT Nuggets and MS Press Book are mine), and most people have been stumped by the exam; discovering there's more server side/GPO/Networking/in depth W7 feature questions than they expected.

I've never touched an AD DS or configured GPO's/managed a domain. I've worked desk side on generic troubleshooting. Concerned I might be swalled by a black hole of missing knowledge.

Any suggestions on resources, topics to cover in depth (can anyone recall the questions from their exam?). It's my first MS exam.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Comments

• rhtrht Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi dpbaker2,

I read your thread after i created a similar thread concerning 680 and active directory. I have no server experience and i hear many complain about going into the exam with no previous knowledge of AD and failing. Since you are talking about 685 have you passed 680? any tips/resources?

I also looked at books for 685, i believe MS press book is best since i wont go for 70-686(Gibson) plus i dont want to spend time trying to figure out which content is for which exam. However i will go for Gibson for the 680 exam.

I also think that CBT nuggets are a must for MS exams. Good Luck! :)