Options

ICND1 Pass

jaychou_ukjaychou_uk Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd let you know I passed my ICND1!

I initially thought I'd failed....but I passed with 881/1000

I graduated from University around July 2012 and started working for a ISP as Technical Support.....decided I would like to study CCNA as I was too scared when I was part of the Cisco Academy to take the exam.

Over the moon. Exam was at 10am....

The test centre guy was late to open up...I was panicking whether i'd be able to do it. Eventually started the exam at around 11am.

And I passed. Studied for about 5 months....used Wendell Odem book and CNT nuggets...also bought my own Cisco equipment to do some labbing.

I must say this forum is excellent!

Comments

• Options
    zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Conrgats, press on for ICND2 now!
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Good luck on the ICND2.
  • Options
    MatroMatro Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :D Now go for CCNA!
    Actually: CCNA - Palo Alto ACE
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass

Carl
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats on the pass!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    CleverclogsCleverclogs Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, I hope to be doing the same myself soon :)
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    FloOzFloOz Member Posts: 1,614 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    CerebroCerebro Member Posts: 108
    Congrats! When are you taking the ICND2?
    2014 goals: ICND2[]

• Options
    Cerebro wrote: »
    Congrats! When are you taking the ICND2?

Thanks mate, well am going to take a week off from studying so I'd say maybe 2-3 months as there is less chapters compared to ICND1.

I'm going to use Wendells book first and practice then use Lammles book which should give me a better understanding if there were any gaps missing.
  • Options
    MrPuzzlezMrPuzzlez Member Posts: 89 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Right on! I'm pushing back my exam because I had to pack and move. Now I need a refresher course to get me back up to speed. Can still knock out a VLAN and subnetting. Chipping away at OSPF, but trying to decide who's better at explaining it: Lammle or Odom?
  • Options
    MrPuzzlez wrote: »
    Right on! I'm pushing back my exam because I had to pack and move. Now I need a refresher course to get me back up to speed. Can still knock out a VLAN and subnetting. Chipping away at OSPF, but trying to decide who's better at explaining it: Lammle or Odom?
    I've not read Lammles OSPF as I bought the book for my ICND2, however I've read both books with regards to STP and I must admit Lammles book explains things much better so I'd probably give Lammles book a read first.
  • Options
    mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm interested in knowing if you bought any of the practice exams and how do you compare them to the real thing

I went through the four semesters of Cisco Netacademy and tried my first exam and failed with a 770. Then went to University for 2 years and came out to start studying for the exam again and found out ICND1 has new objectives. I have Odom, Graziani, and Lammles book but I think Lammle glosses over things. I bought the Boson exam and it's got stuff that's not covered Lammle.
    thanks
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
  • Options
    hansvhansv Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Just passed my CCENT three days ago. I thought I failed it too, 933 out of 1000 though. I feel your joy to have it passed. I am going to push through to the ICND2 as quick as possible so all the information I studied for a month is still fresh in my head. I did it all with self study over the past month, CBT Nuggets and Lammle's book. Lammle seemed to have more information than you need but that can't hurt you in the long run because all of this stuff builds. If you are going to use CBT to study, be sure you are writing things down. Parts of it that are mentioned sometimes in passing are actually a necessary thing to remember.

Packet Tracer is a great little app to do all of the setups in Lammles book and CBT. You have to take into account that not all of the commands they mention work in Packet Tracer, the important ones do for the majority of the examples. An example of one that didn't work on mine was show dhcp conflicts, and dhcp lease times.

Overall focus on some troubleshooting labs that you can find on the internet after you read through all of the content. I was surprised on the extent of a trouble shooting problem I recieved on the exam having to do with a routing protocol. I thought it would be a lot of setup on the test for some reason, but really it was about knowing the proper show commands.

Best of luck to all of you studying for the test, I will tell you after studying for a month and passing I took 12 hours off before the bug to start studying happened again. I think I am addicted to Cisco now.
  • Options
    Elijah09Elijah09 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□