Options

Passed CISSP - 1 March-14 [1st attempt]

barhate.rahulbarhate.rahul Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,I am very happy to tell you that I passed CISSP on 1 March 2014 :):).This was my first attempt.

I have 2.5 years of experience in web application and network security.As the experience is less than required Associate is awarded to me right now.(1.5 year to get actual credential).I have been studying roughly 8-9 months for exam,with 3 months of rigorous study.

Study material used:

1)Shon Harris AIO 6th Edition.
2)Eric Conrad for very few topic only.

For Practice Exam:

1)Shon Harris CD questions
2)CCcure paid membership( good resource)
3)CISSP Practice -S Rao Vallabhaneni ( tough questions but good )

I studied AIO cover to cover 3-4 times in 9 months.It was huge courage for me to read that book this many times icon_study.gif.I tried to understand each and every topic from AIO.First read was for my mental satisfaction that I read that huge book.The 2nd and 3rd read was for pure understanding.For practice exams I used cccure engine.It was pretty good to understand and practice how to read exam question carefully.Obviously Real exam question was very different from test questions but it helped.I would recommend to read/solve CISSP Practice - Vallabhaneni, S. Rao for practice exam questions.It was very helpful me to practice and understand that tricky wording of CISSP.
I have completed a one year Post graduate diploma in Information security.This helped me a lot speed up my studies.

I was nervous but little bit confident somewhere that I will pass the exam having studied for this long.Exam was tough,I managed to finish it up within 5 hrs with 2 short breaks.I was relieved to see Congratulation !! on print out given by eam center person.

Guys I noticed 3-4 drag and drop question on the exam.I guess this is the new type of question added this year.

I am very old member of TE but passive reader only.This is my 2nd post.I would like to thank every member on TE.
CISSP passed post helped me a lot to keep motivated myself.And I am very happy at the moment writing the same post myself.:D

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your pass, I too hope to pass on my first try after my CCNA. Good job.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • Options
    engrsashengrsash Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would recommend to read/solve CISSP Practice - Vallabhaneni, S. Rao for practice exam questions.It was very helpful me to practice and understand that tricky wording of CISSP.

Thanks

This book has good questions, it also has plenty of bad questions, and bunch of questions that quite frankly are frustrating to answer, not because of their level of difficulty, but because of the wording of the question and terminology. The thing I find most frustrating about this book is the terminology the author uses. Some of the terms I have never heard of before, they are simply not standard industry terms. They are not used in the 1400+ pages of the Shon Harris book. This is frustrating because I feel like I am answering a different question than the author is trying to ask. Also, the terminology used for the questions is not representative of what is on the CISSP exam. This will confuse you and may cause you to unnecessarily remember these terms. There are also questions that are extremely subjective which I feel are wrong and having taken other cert exams from the (ISC)2, I feel they are too subjective and not indicitive of the (ISC)2 level of questioning. To the author's credit, there are also some very good, very challenging questions in the book as well. I think the Access Control and IS Governance sections are the weakest. The other sections are fair to good.
  • Options
    barhate.rahulbarhate.rahul Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you guys!!

@engrsash -- Yes I agree with you,book wording is very hard.But you can take it as positive thing you will be prepared for worsticon_wink.gif.

I feel starting access control questions are very frustrating,rest are good.
  • Options
    BGravesBGraves Member Posts: 339
  • Options
    kaymaskkaymask Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bother, I just passed CISSP exam a few hours ago too, i feel so happy about this. However, i fall into the same category with you- 3 years of xperience. Kindly let me know how you achieved the associate status and the responsibilities.
  • Options
    Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Congratulations! I don't know what is more impressive - the fact that you passed the CISSP on the first try or that you read AIO cover to cover 4 times!!!:)