Options

Passed both the 220-801 and 220-802!

SalokinSalokin Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Long time reader and first time poster here!

Just wanted to thank everyone who contributes to this website with advice because it was very helpful before I took both of the A+ exams over the last two weeks. I passed the 220-801 with a 791 and the 220-802 with a 819 and being A+ certified feels great! I'm now moving on to the Network+ and then plan on applying to WGU for the IT degree with the focus on Network Administration.

To those who are looking for advice and help: I've been around computers for the majority of my younger life (I am 26) so I did feel pretty comfortable with most of the objectives on the A+ exam. To study, I watched all the pluralsight.com videos with Ed Liberman to touch up and refresh on things. Anything I wanted to read a little more about, I looked up in Mike Meyer's All In One A+ book which goes into GREAT detail on any of the objectives on the A+ exam, plus stuff that isn't even covered so you can learn some new things! After that I took any free practice test I could find and again, would research anything I didn't feel completely comfortable on. With that being said, I still walked into each exam and came across a few questions that I either forgot or had no clue. I felt like I could of done better on the 220-801, but my biggest issue was remembering trivial things that in today's environment you could just Google it on the job and find the answer.

Anyways, thanks again everyone! I'll start contributing here myself and plan on having the Network+ knocked out here in a month or less.

Comments

• Options
    MoabMoab Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Doesn't it feel great walking out of the testing room with a pass. Good luck on the next exam.
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Congratulations!
    Keep it up.
    Good luck with Network+
  • Options
    wompywompy Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□