Options

Passing VCP-DCV now gives complimentary Workstation 10 license!

MrSharpMrSharp Member Posts: 45 ■■■□□□□□□□
After reading threads such as
https://communities.vmware.com/thread/456522

was pleasantly surprised to have just received an email with my complimentary workstation 10 license... Woot!

Comments

• Options
    Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    VCP5-DCV Benefits
    • Recognition of your technical knowledge and skills
    • Official transcripts
    • Use of VCP5-DCV logo
    • Access to the exclusive VCP portal & logo merchandise store
    • Invitation to beta exams and classes
    • Discounted admission to VMware events
    • Complimentary VMware Workstation license
    • Greater opportunities for career advancement
    It's listed on the VCP5-DCV page on the VMware website. I believe we can run a red light just by flashing your VCP too! :)
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They doing that for years .. I think I got my first with VCP3 .. doubt I got anything with the V2 ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    My intention was to highlight that workstation version 10 licenses are now being handed out to new VCP's.

Before I got my email, I read of many having problems actually getting their license / getting a version 9 and being told by vmware to pay >$100 if they want to upgrade, so thought this was worthy of a post.
    Apologies if judged not to be, can just let this thread die...
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think it is cool. Though, having said that, it sure is an expensive route to take just to get a freebie! Thank you for posting that. I was unaware and had not checked out the benefits page.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Heh.
    It's just a nice perk, shouldn't be the main reason for going for the VCP cert.

Hopefully the VCP cert will prove to be a lot more valuable than the workstation 10 license! :)
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MrSharp wrote: »
    Heh.
    It's just a nice perk, shouldn't be the main reason for going for the VCP cert.

Hopefully the VCP cert will prove to be a lot more valuable than the workstation 10 license! :)

Crap! The free license was the only reason why I decided to take the Stanly CC VMware class...j/k. I, too, hope the monetary value of the cert outstrips the $249 price tag for Workstation. If not, I'm going to have a tough time explaining it to my wife!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me