Options

Should I bother studying and getting A+ certified?

infulfxinfulfx Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've been working as IT for about 7 years now and never got my self certified for any thing until recently I pass 70-410 and 70-411 exams. Failed 70-412 but will retake it in couple of weeks to get MCSA 2012. I always wanted to get my A+ but i was fortunate to land IT jobs without it and now i have several years of experience as help desk, system admin and network admin that i don't know if i should pursue that. I'm new here but been lurking around and decided to join. You can get great information from here. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I think you should aim a little higher. If you are working on your MCSA, A+ pales in comparison. I'm going to let my A+ expire.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    SalokinSalokin Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would think your experience will show any future employers you are very competent as atleast a PC/Helpdesk technician. And from the looks of it, you could probably walk in and take both exams and pass them... Should you get it? At this point I would say only if you want truly want it.
  • Options
    infulfxinfulfx Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Salokin wrote: »
    I would think your experience will show any future employers you are very competent as atleast a PC/Helpdesk technician. And from the looks of it, you could probably walk in and take both exams and pass them... Should you get it? At this point I would say only if you want truly want it.

Thanks. I was just thinking about getting more certifications under my belt but after looking it that way i don't think it would make any difference. I still not not sure if I'm going to work on my MCSE yet.