Options

Terms as Related to the Security+ certification

netsurfer802netsurfer802 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
With sample test questions I've run across some terms that I don't see basic explanation on as far as what they mean when I search online without getting involved in complicated maze of technical jargon and was wonder if somebody can explain the basic definitions of the following terms:

PKIX

OSI Analyzer (is this a made-up word to through me off in the pre-test?)

health policies

Thanks in advanced for any helpful response/s.

smc

Comments

• Options
    proph21proph21 Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    With sample test questions I've run across some terms that I don't see basic explanation on as far as what they mean when I search online without getting involved in complicated maze of technical jargon and was wonder if somebody can explain the basic definitions of the following terms:

PKIX

OSI Analyzer (is this a made-up word to through me off in the pre-test?)

health policies

Thanks in advanced for any helpful response/s.

smc

Howdy!

PKIX - This is the group that created standards for X.509 based Public Key Infrastructures (PKI's). X.509 is a standard that specifies formats for a PKI including certificates, certificate revocation lists (CRLs) and more.

OSI Analyzer - Don't believe this is a real thing and I will go ahead and guess that they threw this as a possible answer on a question involving the sniffing or monitoring of traffic on a host or network.

Health Policies - Could you provide a little more detail on the context of what it is talking about in the question?
  • Options
    netsurfer802netsurfer802 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks very much...here is the context I saw the term "health policies" used in:

When planning a network access control system, which of the following elements are important (choose THREE)?

Select one or more:
    a. Installing TPMs in all user hardware
    b. Devising remediation options image.php?theme=aardvark_postit&image=i%2Ftick_green_big&rev=708
    c. Devising health policies image.php?theme=aardvark_postit&image=i%2Ftick_green_big&rev=708
    d. Creating a segmented network using VLANs image.php?theme=aardvark_postit&image=i%2Ftick_green_big&rev=708

e. Deploying the system as quickly as possible

[h=3]Feedback[/h]Network segmentation and remediation plus health policies are essential components of NAC. TPMs are usually implemented on the motherboard and so would be difficult to upgrade and are not mandatory for NAC. Deploying the solution quickly may be the ideal but poorly configured NAC can cause a great deal of disruption so it is more important to ensure good functionality.
    This question relates to objective 1.3 (Distinguish and differentiate network design elements and compounds). You answered this question correctly.

The correct answer is: Creating a segmented network using VLANs
    , Devising health policies
    , Devising remediation options