Options

98-349 Just starting, advice appreciated.

bohdibohdi Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all, stumbled across this forum while searching for some more information on the 98-349 exam and how difficult it might be to pass.

I have worked in technical support for about 5 years total but unfortunately havent been employed in the sector in the past few years. My experience is from 3 different family run businesses where I was running the shop and doing repairs, new builds etc. I have kept up to date with the current technology and have an ok grasp of things. However i never took any exams and with things being the way they are now I need to become certified and also wish to.

I have done the very basic and free courses that were available to me (ECDL/MOS) and am now moving onto the MTA and plan to progress into MCSA in windows 7 and CompTIA A+.

I have purchased the official Wiley course book for this exam and it has arrived today and am preparing to work my way through it, I wonder the free practice test it says I have access to, is it a one time test ?

I used the gmetrix tests for the MOS and flew through that in a day or 2 of practising and reading, is the MTA 98-349 a big jump up ?

Any tips advice or experiences would be welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    SweenMachineSweenMachine Member Posts: 300 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bohdi wrote: »
    Hello all, stumbled across this forum while searching for some more information on the 98-349 exam and how difficult it might be to pass.

I have worked in technical support for about 5 years total but unfortunately havent been employed in the sector in the past few years. My experience is from 3 different family run businesses where I was running the shop and doing repairs, new builds etc. I have kept up to date with the current technology and have an ok grasp of things. However i never took any exams and with things being the way they are now I need to become certified and also wish to.

I have done the very basic and free courses that were available to me (ECDL/MOS) and am now moving onto the MTA and plan to progress into MCSA in windows 7 and CompTIA A+.

I have purchased the official Wiley course book for this exam and it has arrived today and am preparing to work my way through it, I wonder the free practice test it says I have access to, is it a one time test ?

I used the gmetrix tests for the MOS and flew through that in a day or 2 of practising and reading, is the MTA 98-349 a big jump up ?

Any tips advice or experiences would be welcome.

Thanks

Read the objectives on Microsofts website, read the Wiley guide once, pass the test w/ 100 percent

If you have 5 years of experience supporting PCs, this exam is gravy. Easiest exam I have ever taken.

Srsly, go to Exam 98-349: Windows Operating System Fundamentals -- if you can go over those objectives and know most of it, you will pass. I studied one day for the Network, Server and Security ones, and passed them all. The OS was even easier, although I overstudied because I had the same concerns as you...

I am not saying DON'T study.. but it is uber easy

-scott
  • Options
    bohdibohdi Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input and advice, did the free gmetrix practice test before looking at any study material and failed by 5% so seems likely that a read through and some study will be sufficient to get me through.