Rquirement for CISSP

maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
Currently I am working as IT auditor and in my audits, I perform a security audit once a year. As security auditing is one of the domains of CISSP, I am wondering whether after completing 5 years on this job (ISC)2 will consider as someone worthy to receive CISSP certificate.

Comments

• MSP-ITMSP-IT Member Posts: 752 ■■■□□□□□□□
    According to the CISSP requirements, you need to work within at least two of the domains. If you can provide experience in any one of the other domains, you should be golden.
  • maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Thank you MSP-IT for your sharing.
  • Amurray22Amurray22 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have also recently been looking at how my work experiences align with the CISSP domains. Some advice I got that may apply to you is to look closely at the type of jobs/work you do and find how it may match topics in the domain.

As an example, as an I.T. auditor do you work with networking concepts (Telecommunications and Network Security domain); does the auditing require following laws or regulations (Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance domain); any of your tasks or reports used as part of an overall business impact plan (Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning).

My 2 cents, hope it helps.

Andy
  • maharalielmaharaliel Member Posts: 119
    Thank you Amurray22 for your sharing, this information is very useful for I perform also Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity audit.