Job at Vmware

jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm hoping someone can help me, I'm trying to land my dream job at VMware. I know the best chance at getting noticed is with an employee referral especially with all the applicants they get. With that said is their anyone that currently works for VMware or knows someone that does? If so please connect with me on LinkedIn i would greatly appreciate it and any help that anyone can offer in helping me join this company.

http://lnkd.in/bD3qast

Love this forum and thanks for any help in advance.
jabney

Comments

• GSXRulesGSXRules Member Posts: 109
  • darkerzdarkerz Member Posts: 431 ■■■■□□□□□□
    OK, I'll be that guy.

Recruiters, direct or outsources, value the at-face value of a profile, resume, etc.

You should consider a better picture. I feel like I'm viewing a facebook profile page, not a business grade head shot. Also, put "stuff" on your profile.
    :twisted:
  • GSXRulesGSXRules Member Posts: 109
    darkerz wrote: »
    OK, I'll be that guy.

That's funny. I assumed something was wrong with LI or my cache had issues, I didn't realize that was how the profile was supposed to look.

I don't mind the image, its better than most on LI but I'll admit mine is a professional head shot. If you are no depending on LI to make contacts then no profile is certainly fine - but "no news is good news" doesn't really apply to modern job hunting.
  • jabneyjabney Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    darkerz wrote: »
    OK, I'll be that guy.

Recruiters, direct or outsources, value the at-face value of a profile, resume, etc.

You should consider a better picture. I feel like I'm viewing a facebook profile page, not a business grade head shot. Also, put "stuff" on your profile.

Darkerz,
    Thanks for being that guy, I love it!

I totally forgot I had that picture on there (reminder to self no more FB pictures on LinkedIN). To be honest I've never used LinkedIn to get a job so i haven't put much info on my page. I'm currently working on retooling my resume and will also be updating my LI when I do so.

Once again thanks for your honesty Darkerz I love people who can direct and to the point, it's the NY in me. It's a shame most people can't take criticism I learn more from that then pats on the back. Although those are cool too :)
  • Architect192Architect192 Member Posts: 157 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jabney wrote: »
    Darkerz,
    Thanks for being that guy, I love it!

I totally forgot I had that picture on there (reminder to self no more FB pictures on LinkedIN). To be honest I've never used LinkedIn to get a job so i haven't put much info on my page. I'm currently working on retooling my resume and will also be updating my LI when I do so.

Once again thanks for your honesty Darkerz I love people who can direct and to the point, it's the NY in me. It's a shame most people can't take criticism I learn more from that then pats on the back. Although those are cool too :)

My linkedin profile is basically a copy of my CV...

Marc Bouchard | LinkedIn
    Current: VCAP-DCA/DCD, VCP-DCV2/3/4/5, VCP-NV 6 - CCNP, CCNA Security - MCSE: Server Infrastructure 2012 - ITIL v3 - A+ - Security+
    Working on: CCNA Datacenter (2nd exam), Renewing VMware certs...
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Send me a PM!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    Good work mate. My dream Job is Vmware, however, I am in Au, makes it a little harder here. vMUG is a good place to meet people working at VMware
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
  • scott28ttscott28tt Member Posts: 686 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I work at VMware, but being honest I'd only refer someone I actually know as a referral would be me recommending that person...
    VCP2 / VCP3 / VCP4 / VCP5 / VCAP4-DCA / VCI / vExpert 2010-2012
    Blog - http://vmwaretraining.blogspot.com
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/vmtraining
    Email - vmtraining.blog@gmail.com