Uses of terminal Server

lAwBoYlAwBoY Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
can anyone explain the uses ?

Comments

• ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use Citrix MetaFrame which builds on top of Terminal Server.

it works well for remote access situations. If you ran a VPN connection to the network and access the files through the tunnel, the speed of your internet connection can really hurt you. With Terminal Server environment only keyboard, mouse, and video are going over the connection, so performance is much better.

I have a couple of clients that run all their apps from a Terminal server. This makes deploying new applications and updating old ones a lot easier. You only have to update the application on each server and do not have to visit each client PC.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • spudnikspudnik Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've dealt with it in terms of running thin clients (diskless workstations) and remote administration.

Thin clients in a citrix fashion and remote administration because I'm too lazy to get an walk to the server when I can sit at the desk and do it via rdp.
  • woodwormwoodworm Member Posts: 153
    RTmarc wrote:
    ..... remote administration because I'm too lazy to get an walk to the server when I can sit at the desk and do it via rdp.

That's the best use of Terminal Services!! :D If only I could 'terminal serve' my coffee machine!