Options

failed :(

sid160sid160 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone,

I took the CCNA exam yesterday and failed. I have been studying for a few months now. Read the Sybex and Cisco press books and also practiced the Sybex rouer sim. Also went to a training lab last summer. Got a 770 (passing was 850).
Does anyone know how the scoring system works? How many questions do you think I got wrong? The only thing that I missed out was on practise questions. I hardly did any of that.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I believe most Cisco exams are scaled on 100-900... not sure if this goes for CCNA as well. I think you got about 8 to 10 questions incorrect, but a sim weigths more than an standard question...

Practice exams are an essential part of the preparation for any IT certification exam... icon_exclaim.gif

You have the right preparation material, combine it with our practice exams and TechNotes, and you should do fine at the next try...
  • Options
    prolificprolific Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    there really is no way to tell how many questions you got wrong due to the different scales.. you might be able to tell the amount of questions you got wrong from your report.. check the percentages that you got in individual sections..

eg. i got 987 on my exam.. i got 100% in every exam topic besides routing protocols.. on routing protocols i got 89%, so I am pretty sure that I got only 1 question wrong on the entire test.. so roughly im guessing there were 10 question on the test regarding routing protocols and I got 9 of em correct.. try this method with your report and you'll have a ROUGH idea of how many you answered incorrectly.. good luck next time on the exam if you decide to take it. :D
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    dudekdudek Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just had 847 out of 849!!!! I have completed CISCO academy and....failed
    Well done CISCO You getting reacher and reacher every day...
    I am very confident that I know the staff...I had 100% from sim questions
    I had a filling that this is the most important...to be able to work after in real word instead of ansfering some tricky questions which in most cases are only clear to the person who is asking and I am sure if I had an opportunity I would like to dispute it and probably win argument...
  • Options
    sid160sid160 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all who responded. I am planning to take it again next week. Hopefully, I'll pass the second time.
  • Options
    dtagondtagon Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    sid160 wrote:
    Thanks for all who responded. I am planning to take it again next week. Hopefully, I'll pass the second time.

Don't feel bad, I scored 783 the first time. I took it again today and passed with 885. Given, I only studied for about 3 days combined (2 days before the 783, 1 day before 885).