Options

Scheduled my 200-120 exam

2»

Comments

• Options
    devils_haircutdevils_haircut Member Posts: 284 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I'm sure you'll do fine, the CCENT isn't as tough as I thought it would be. In regards to studying, I have problems sitting still for too long, so watching 20-30 minute videos on CBTNuggets was what really helped me understand the basics, and then I was able to fill in the gaps by going over the exam topic list from Cisco and writing out information about each topic and subtopic by hand (helps me remember it better).

I took all my Cisco classes in college about 2 years ago, so I really should've passed this a while back. But better late than never, and I should be diving into the ICND2 exam in the next couple weeks.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I personally don't like CBT nuggets, too much pointless talking, INE is much better.

I joined the CCNA club today, 98x Score as well.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    shyguyITshyguyIT Member Posts: 380
    Congrats to both! icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    Route[X], Switch [], TSHOOT[]
  • Options
    xnx wrote: »
    I personally don't like CBT nuggets, too much pointless talking

Yeah, Jeremy can go off on some weird tangents sometimes, but he makes the topics really simple to understand.
  • Options
    Just thought I would revive my own dead thread and mention that I passed my ICND2 exam today with an 894. CCNA complete!

I still feel like there are certain topics that I need to go back over in more detail, and I will probably spend some time doing that before I advance into CCNP. I'm sure there are people on here who might disagree with someone with zero networking experience advancing into CCNP, but I've also heard from a lot of people that they wished they had moved into CCNP right after the CCNA while all the routing and switching material was still fresh in their minds.

I don't have the experience to back up the CCNA, let alone the CCNP, but my employer always seems to be short on infrastructure people, and passing my CCNA caught their attention (heck, studying for it alone caught their attention). Hopefully by the time I get around to taking the CCNP exams, I will have moved into a networking role and gained a significant amount of exposure to enterprise networking topics.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm also moving onto CCNP and starting off with Route. I too have no real networking experience on a job, however I've known some subnetting / basic networking since I was 12/13.

My first networking issue was working out why I couldn't FTP into an Xbox 1, turned out I was using a patch cable from a PC for a direct connection rather than a crossover one haha.

Getting a CCNP will help me get an entry level job as it seems even with a degree from a top university most people ignore my CV -_-
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    I spoke to my boss about it and a few of the other senior guys, and they all say go for it. I know it seems counter-intuitive, and a few even admitted that I probably wouldn't use CCNP-level skills at my current company, but having the knowledge is worth something at least.

Like I said, hopefully by the time I'm ready to test, I'll have some real-world experience to solidify my understanding.