Options

Need book advice

raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
I need to know which book is best for preparing for the new Network+ 2005 exam. Any advice is appreciated

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I like the Mike Myers AIO series, as well as the Sybex books. I used those, Transcender for practice tests, and of course the Technotes SE from this site, which were a great help and last minute study aid.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    raiedraied Member Posts: 93 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well I purchased Network + Deluxe Edition by Sybex. Will let everyone know what I think about this book in 2-3 weeks.
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I like the Mike Myers AIO series, as well as the Sybex books. I used those, Transcender for practice tests, and of course the Technotes SE from this site, which were a great help and last minute study aid.

I used those resources and found them wonderful. I do own the '01 and '03 versions of Mikes AIO (one came with my class), and I also bought the Syngress version. Syngress is a little drier, and 10x more in depth than you'll need for the exam, but it will put you in a good position.

The technotes here are wonderful.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    arisenarisen Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I use the mike meyers book, but i can't really recommend it now, having spotted countless mistakes and omissions. I prefer to spend my time studying the material not the errata.

I believe the sybex book is highly praised.