Options

What is the best Test Prep for this test

kcos0320kcos0320 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been studying Darill Gibson test prep since November, but I am not getting the scores in the 90's. I am getting a range from 78-84. I have been stressing out about this test because I need to take this exam already. I am not so much in a time Crunch, but I feel it would help me advance my career. Right now I am only Help Desk Level 1, which is more like Customer Service and Dead End. I am ready for immediate change!

Anyway I know majority of the ports. I flash cards to remember them... Some of the questions confuse me are one like with availability, integrity,

Any ideas besides just take the test already!

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I recommend folks use the Sybex text. It is a more well rounded text and better able to prepare candidate for the exam since it is more comprehensive. The book you are using might be ok for a cram, but it doesn't 'teach'. I know a lot of folks comment on their 'like' for the book, but I found it missed the boat on explaining material to candidates who are just breaking in.

You will also want a copy of the Objectives. Again, the followers of the book you have will say that the objectives are in that book, but it is good practice to the latest copy in hand when beginning your studies. Plus, you now have a copy you can easily write upon and mark up as you see fit.

I would recommend you take a step back from practice tests. This doesn't do more than provide tunnel vision about the material. The practice test is good to gage your beginning level of knowledge before study, than study, then take the exam again to see your growth.

Hang in there! Perhaps try making audio notes for yourself to play back. But I would recommend a text with better detail.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    donw35donw35 Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did the test prep from Darril's site and although they are good the exam questions are going to be very different, you will need to know these concepts, memorizing the answer to questions won’t help you much. If you are weak in an area then go back and read up on the subject.

With that said, the questions I got had 4 possible answers and almost all of them two of the four where easy to eliminate.
  • Options
    DiabolikalDiabolikal Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Darril Gibson's book and passed with an 836. I read the book and took notes. Wrote out my own flashcards to remember port numbers and what not and did all the practice questions multiple times. I did this in a span of ~3 weeks immediately after I passed the Network+.