Options

Where to sell equipment

crazyITguycrazyITguy Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
A family member owned a fairly large company and sold the business a couple years ago. I was at the office just cleaning up a few things on the technical side last weekend and noticed lots of cisco and fotigate equipment as well as decent desktops(20 or so) and 15 or so decent rack mount HP servers with drives. He has asked me to sell it all. Any decent places that will buy this type of equipment?

Comments

• Options
    WafflesAndRootbeerWafflesAndRootbeer Member Posts: 555
    Plenty of places will buy it all up but you may not get much money for it. You should do an inventory and see what is still useful for businesses and what is just junk. If the network hardware is no longer supported with updates, it won't be of much use except as lab gear. The desktops and servers can definitely be sold off to parts warehouses or business resellers, but you should look carefully at those just to make sure there's no sensitive stuff on there or anything that might make for useful hardware down the road.
  • Options
    jthunderbirdjthunderbird Banned Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I do not know about where you live, but here in San Antonio there are at least 3 people I know of that buy and sell all IT equipment on craigslist. So if you want to sell in bulk for a decent price, I would advertise on there or search for those looking to buy.

Ebay is cool too but can kill you with shipping costs on older heavier equipment.
  • Options
    bermovickbermovick Member Posts: 1,135 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There used to be a thread in one of these forums of people selling gear.

In return for providing this information, I'll take some for free icon_lol.gif
    Latest Completed: CISSP

Current goal: Dunno
  • Options
    googolgoogol Member Posts: 107
    crazyITguy wrote: »
    A family member owned a fairly large company and sold the business a couple years ago. I was at the office just cleaning up a few things on the technical side last weekend and noticed lots of cisco and fotigate equipment as well as decent desktops(20 or so) and 15 or so decent rack mount HP servers with drives. He has asked me to sell it all. Any decent places that will buy this type of equipment?

What kind of Cisco and in particular, fortigate equipment do you have? I might be interested in buying. Can message me if you want.