Options

Age of people that are CCNAs.

Comments

• Options
    rentaghostrentaghost Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hope to get mine during my 39th year, along with my computer degree (doing part time whilst working in IT already) and a couple of MCP's (working towards MCSA/E) so it will be a busy year.

The driving force is that all the young "whipper snappers" are getting cert'd-up and i'd like to think ive got at least some prospects after turning 40 should I have the need to look for another job!
  • Options
    johnnyBoyjohnnyBoy Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    I got mine in Oct last year. I will be 28 on Thursday icon_lol.gif

Edit: Apparently I cant read a calender
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There are lots of kids with CCNA's these days. About 10 years ago Cisco went after the high schools and the rest is history. There is no doubt an in utero CCNA with wireless access somewhere. It's not a new thing though, there were youngest CNE/MCSE sites years back but the access to certifications is more mainstream now.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Turgon wrote: »
    About 10 years ago Cisco went after the high schools and the rest is history.
    And that was only three or four years before this thread was started. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am doing CCENT this year (25 years old) and hoping to complete the full CCNA next year in which I will be 26.
  • Options
    mgeorgemgeorge Member Posts: 774 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This thread is making me feel old... icon_rolleyes.gif
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    36 here. Got CCNA at 35.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    19 for the CCNA, 21 for the CCNP
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Got my CCENT/CCNA at 23. I'm 25 in 5 months icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    slushislushi Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got all my certs within the past year -- 21 baby haha.
  • Options
    j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    mgeorge wrote: »
    This thread is making me feel old... icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't worry, I've got your back.

39 going for CCENT/CCNA.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    I'm 35 and going for my CCNA.

Ive been in IT for about 8 years with no degree, working SMB. Im a Sys Admin and starting to refine my focus. The next 5 years hold plans for a bevy of certs for me.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    onesaint wrote: »
    I'm 35 and going for my CCNA.

Ive been in IT for about 8 years with no degree, working SMB. Im a Sys Admin and starting to refine my focus. The next 5 years hold plans for a bevy of certs for me.

Same as me. One man show...
  • Options
    JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    36, working on CCENT then CCNA shortly after
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    45 when I got mine, almost 4 years ago:)
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    jwashington1981jwashington1981 Member Posts: 137
    Just got my CCNA last month. I'm 29 now and I'll be 30 next month. I'm hoping to get the CCNP by 31.
  • Options
    defaultroutedefaultroute Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Guys, I personally was 27 when I passed CCNA but I had been working in networking industry for years before I took that. I used the CCNA as a CV/Resume thing and it got me an interview. When I'm hiring people for roles I definitely look at qualifications but I'd rather have a guy who worked for 3 years as a network engineer then a guy who passed his CCNA after leaving school and has no experience.

I passed my CCIE a couple of years ago when I was 35. It took me so long to pass that I had two children and moved house twice from start to the day I passed. icon_wink.gif I took my time, made sure I understood the tech. Some people study and jam everything into short term memory which fades really fast. The best way to learn is by taking your time to understand.

I think the point I'm trying to make is age is wholly unimportant. Experience will outweigh any qualification, accreditation gets your foot in the door for interview.

Cheers
    Rich
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm 28 and have the CCENT set for 7-14-2011. SHould have the CCNA in another month after that.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    defaultroutedefaultroute Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi I was 27 when I passed my CCNA and it took me nearly 8 years to get to CCIE. In that time I had three kids and moved house four times.

Age is irrelevant, experience is everything.

Good luck with your studies!
  • Options
    ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i am 19 year old

i had completed ccent on this march
    hope ccna completed before turned 20(birthday 29 july)
    as my icnd2 scheduled for 5th july

hope this one also i will crack in 1st attempt as i am studying for 3 months
  • Options
    Hi I was 27 when I passed my CCNA and it took me nearly 8 years to get to CCIE. In that time I had three kids and moved house four times.

Age is irrelevant, experience is everything.

Good luck with your studies!

hey i seen ur youtubes videos yesterday only

they are just great

YouTube - ‪defaultrouteuk's Channel‬‏

i am using as final revision of my icnd2 exams

keep it up icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I went through the Cisco Academy at 19, but didn't take the exam until I was 24.

I'm 25 now, and hope to be a CCNP in the next 2 years.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I received CCNA on my 25th birthday. Working to get CCNP by 27, and hopefully CCIE by 30ish.
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I wished this was a poll. I was wondering this myself the other day. Seems like the mid 20's is the medium.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    For those that are 13 - 17, I'd wonder how valuable it is... It brings new meaning to "Paper CCNA", as there shouldn't be any experience available. I doubt anyone (unless a family business) would hire a middle schooler. :)

As for 15, as long as you can back it up with some experience, it should help you. Even volunteer experience.

I can go online and become an ordained minister, but it'd just be a piece of paper. I wouldn't be qualified for anything, really. :)

Ok, attitude aside: I'm 35 and am getting my CCNA in 2 weeks (already passed CCENT). Before, I got it at 24 and let it lapse.
  • Options
    Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    I'm 27 and my wife told me that if I don't get my NA by the time my daughter turns 9 (Mid July) that I have to sell my lab and do something else. Ha. That's not going to happen. NA by mid July, yes. Selling my lab, I don't think so icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got my CCNA at like 22nd. I hope to get my CCNP before the end of this year (24).
  • Options
    gouki2005gouki2005 Member Posts: 197
    24 here
    and getting the ccna security this fryday
  • Options
    PC509 wrote: »
    For those that are 13 - 17, I'd wonder how valuable it is... It brings new meaning to "Paper CCNA", as there shouldn't be any experience available. I doubt anyone (unless a family business) would hire a middle schooler. :)

As for 15, as long as you can back it up with some experience, it should help you. Even volunteer experience.

I can go online and become an ordained minister, but it'd just be a piece of paper. I wouldn't be qualified for anything, really. :)

Ok, attitude aside: I'm 35 and am getting my CCNA in 2 weeks (already passed CCENT). Before, I got it at 24 and let it lapse.

ya they remain paper ccna only

there are lot of youtube videos like

YouTube - ‪Youngest CCNA of the World, Young CCNA record, Pride of Pakistan‬‏
    play_c.gif

YouTube - ‪youngest ccna and ccnp.flv‬‏

YouTube - ‪Youngest CCNA Ever!‬‏ at age of 10

i dont know what these people will do
    these people will do for fame i think so

if u want to get a lot fame then do ccie at 10,15,16

as far as i know youngest ccie is 18 year who is son of 4 ccie holder
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssf8YniK1YU

let see what these people do in real world